Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping someone here can help. My cat had strange dry skin lumps up the back of his hind legs so the vet gave him anti biotics and an injection. It isn't a reaction to flea bites. (He does get de flead even though he's totally indoor). Vet didn't know what it was but seemed to go away but now it's back and even worse than before. I'm taking him to vets tonight. He won't let me have a good look, I'm guessing its sore. I'm just worried that it might be something really bad. Anyone got any idea what it could be. The rest of his skin is perfect. They're sort of lumpy, dry, scabby bits he gets. Maybe I'm just over worried but I'd hate it to be anything serious.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
It sounds very puzzling - all I can recommend at the moment is take him to a another vet.
Another suggestion would be to post/move this thread to Health and Nutrition - there are a lot more chances for Dr. Jean to see it and give you more information. Posting pictures of the areas on the body where the lumps are might help her some in recognizing the cause.
I hope everything will turn out well for you and your baby!

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Very right you are! It sounds just like what my kitties have -- Jack has it much more severe. I think it turned out to be a food allergy -- because I tried only giving them certain kinds of meats (no fish) and it cleared up on it's own. I think I heard you were going to get a biopsy -- let us know how that turned out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts