Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We adopted two cats a few months ago, both are older at 11 years but one is worrying me. It's my first cat but my mum isn't sure either

Bob is part Persian according to his certificat they don't know the other half. But he loves the outdoors, he will sit under his bush in the garden for a good few hours at a time but recently he has been getting a lot of scabs on his body everywhere. They are small abit like a middy bite that's scabbed because it bled, we picked one out and it didn't seem to cause him pain as he let it happen, but it yanked out abit of fur that was trapped in the scab from the actual follicles by the looks, we stopped it incase it was a problem, the skin underneath was Wetish but looked normal... The fur grew back too
He scratches a lot now too but he still grooms and such no behaviour changes and he love them getting a good scratch.

He also gets abit of dandruff (or so we think)

Is it anything to worry about?

P.s we live near fields in a suburban area but ain't of a big garden with hedges and plants ect

·
Registered
98 Posts
How big are the scabs? Could be flea bite dermatitis (an allergic reaction to saliva from flea bites), or maybe an allergic reaction to something in the garden?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Both our cats get flea treatment scince we have had them my mum checked for fleas but didn't see any.

The scabs they are quite small, probably half the size of a 5p but both cats get outside but only bob has been getting them Harold is fine

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
It's been too long since I was in the UK so I'm not sure how big a 5p piece is LOL, but could it be ringworm? Definitely possible in outdoor cats.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the biggest one is a centimeterish th rest are smaller slightly.

they both get wormed also, the flea treatment we use mean we have to worm them...

they are house cats really they only go out when it is a nice day - there choice they dont like going out much more than a few miniutes but if its nice and someone is out with them they will stay out for as long as we are or till they are too hot..:-(

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ah right, these are my first cats so my mum would have know haha...

is there any simple ways for ringworm or would we need to take him to the vet?
we where thinking of giving them cod liver oil becuase they are older and harold has arthritus and we thought that may have been a skin problem for bob but i guess that doesnt work now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts