Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in cat chat but trying here for some extra help and I'm such a computer numb skull I don't know how to move a thread :oops:

My cat has strange scabby, lumpy bits on the back of his hind legs and I don't know what they are. He's been to the vet previously and they gave him anti biotics and an injection which seemed to help but now its back worse than ever. They don't seem to know what it is. The rest of his bdy is fine. Anyone ever had this before with their kitty?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
It could be a lot of things, including parasites, allergies, immune-mediated disease, and others. In that location, the most likely suspect would be "eosinophilic granuloma complex," which is an immune-mediated reaction.

If that vet "doesn't know" what it is and has not offered to do appropriate tests to find out so it can be treated appropriately, I would suggest that getting a second opinion from a vet who will.

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Spoke to different vet and they are mystified too but going to do a biopsy and skin scrape to find out what it is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts