Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure a lot of you will know about my 19 year old cat Marilyn, with her endless list of health problems, including hyperthyroidism, urinary tract disease (I researched her symptoms and I'm pretty sure that she has it), deafness, arthritic legs, etc. I have asked my parents numerous times to take her to the vet, but since I am not in charge of what they do (if only!) I cannot force them. I showed them the description of urinary tract disease and they both said that she did not seem to be in any pain (I know from my many cat books that it can be hard to tell if a cat is in pain, but they just told me to keep a close eye on her. I research a lot on cats as I think I want to be a cat behavior counsellor someday). I hate sounding disloyal to my parents, but I have to tell the truth.
Anyway, I noticed today that Marilyn looked much plumper than usual. She is usually stick-thin because of her hyperthyroidism, but today I noticed that I couldn't see her ribs like usual. But this seems to have changed in only a couple of days. My dad thought her hypoT might be wearing off, but I find this unlikely. What could be happening? I'm worried :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts