Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How have I gone this long without owning Da Bird?? I was ordering her harness and a few other toys, when I realized I didn't have one. I've got dangly toys, but not Da Bird. It came last night and she went ballistic over it!!

Got it out again tonight and the same thing - she's a complete nut! Of course, the pictures don't do justice at all to the excitement. Not only was I balancing Da Bird in one hand and a camera in the other, I was trying to play with Brody too to keep her out of the shots (and Skylar would stop playing when she got in the way). She gets several feet of air with a good jump and *mostly* lands gracefully...

Here are some of the better pictures!!

she had quite the busy day today too - spent a little while this afternoon on the deck. Within seconds she had caught a lizard and proceeded to play with it for the next 20 minutes. I felt horrible watching it but I was actually quite amazed by the entire thing. I've never had experience with cats who actually catch and kill (ok, and play with) prey. I feel even worse because I just happened to have my camera on me and felt like recording a good bit of it. I like to watch her grow up and its neat to have her "firsts" caught on film. I don't think you guys want to see those though :oops:

·
Super Moderator
26,359 Posts
Skylar is so sleek and silky! She certain does love it! :D

Cleo LOVES Da Bird. She knows where I keep it and will claw at the closet door. And she's my talker, so if I don't take it out, boy do I ever get an earful. 8O

·
Super Moderator
18,409 Posts
Awww! Little cutie looks like she's having a blast. Da Bird is a favorite around here too!

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Is Skylar like Rookie in that Da Bird is the only toy she picks up in her mouth? Then she walks away with it, giving the appearance that she's taking me on a walk. It's really amazing how they react differently to Da Bird than any other toy. Whoever invented that thing is a genius (and probably rich).

·
Super Moderator
26,359 Posts
That's what Cleo does. I usually let her have it to herself for a while. :D

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
she picks up and carries off almost all of her toys. I actually had a quick fetch session with her ball one night - she'd go get it, I'd call her and she'd run back and I'd throw it again. Lasted about three throws and she ran off with the ball... but it was still cute.

I think it'll last a little longer because she doesn't really do much once she catches it. She'll just look at it and wait for it to escape again, then she'll run and fly. Not too much clawing and chewing... yet :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Da Bird is one of the best toys ever invented. I usually buy 2 or 3 at a time, just so I have backups. My cats get so excited they do backflips! Great picture taking skills...that couldn't have been easy! :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts