Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
422 Posts
Couldn't watch the vid, but I did look this up on Yahoo.

I look at this with as much sympathy as when I see women leaving their purses wide open on the child seat of a shopping cart, meanwhile they are beyond arm's length away... hey, you want to take that chance, then don't start crying when it happens. Keep your windows up, lock your doors (especially if you pay inside, which I don't, I use a gas card) and don't leave valuables in plain sight.

Actually, the station I use the most has the pump props (which aren't even legal to use on self-serve pumps in NY State), so I'm cleaning my windows font, back and sides while my tank is filling up. Anyone who would be dumb enough to try this on my car (and I lock my doors by hand with the switch on the driver door, not with the remote because I don't feel the need to announce that I am locking my car) would find themselves face-to-face with a 5'10, 230-lb. woman with a wooden-handled window squidgee in her hand. Trust me, you don't want to be getting into my air space uninvited when I have a weapon in my hand, because I will use it!

·
Super Moderator
26,523 Posts
Whew! I thought this thread was about how unhealthy sliders are. There's a restaurant near my job that makes wonderful pastrami sliders. :grin:

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I am paranoid so I lock car as soon as I get out to pump. I lock car when I wheel the grocery basket back to the correct holder. I don't want to find someone in my car!

·
Super Moderator
26,523 Posts
I know, right? I'm the same way about hot dogs and bacon and lots of other unhealthy things. I don't WANT to know what's in them!! I don't care!!!

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Marie and Cat face....You guys are making me start to crave a Bacon Cheeseburger!!! :D

·
Super Moderator
26,523 Posts
I'm always a little paranoid while I'm pumping gas.

Apparently, also a little ditzy. I've had this car for almost two years and I pulled in on the wrong side of the gas pump last night. Doh! I don't know if I've ever had a car with the gas cap on the passenger side before.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I'm honestly surprised I've not been robbed yet. I zone out all the time when filling my car, and never lock the doors. I suppose it helps that I live in relatively safe areas.

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
I have always locked my doors on my vehicle! I sure don't want someone trying to jump in at a stop!
I do have a 'CWP' though...! ;)

·
Super Moderator
26,523 Posts
Cat With Pizza? Want!!!

Poor Merry, this has totally become a food thread. :grin:

·
Premium Member
7,854 Posts
Ugh! I've been so careful to be watchful. I guess I'll just lock the doors now when I pump. Luckily hubby usually does that for me but not all the time.

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Marcia, We still have pump attendants!

M&T and Cat face, you'd both be welcome to ride with me! :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts