Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two cats booked in to be spayed next week, the first is fine but the younger one, approx. 7 months old, is very small, about half the size of her brothers, I know they will obviously be bigger being males but still, she seems very slight. is there a specific weight a cat should be before spaying?

Thanks. :)

·
Premium Member
28,623 Posts
Some people have their 2 month old kittens spayed. It has become quite common, in fact, so I wouldn't worry. In fact, I'd worry about her getting pregnant and not being able to give birth naturally. Her brothers will breed with her asap! She could get pregnant any day. I'd isolate her until the first appointment you can make!

·
Banned
2,748 Posts
As long as she's healthy, 2-3 pounds is safe. It's never a bad idea to do bloodwork ahead of time to make sure there are no underlying health issues. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, don't worry the girls are in isolation at the moment :D hopefully get the boys done the week after next as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just an update, the spays went perfectly well, tiny wounds so one of them was only depressed for a night, and then back to normal within a day or two :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts