Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She cut aparently was infected from the cut.
Dr-Jean I asked the vet about the absess and she said I would have noticed one there, so im pretty sure it wasnt that.
She isnt allowed outside and she is on some antibiotics.
At the moment she is driving me nuts crying to go out, so I went and bought a cat harness, well she hates it but I think she was glad to get outside aswell.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Zalensia, I hope she will get to feeling better soon. Give her some lovin' from me.

Peace,
Mike

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Aw, I'm glad she has medicine now and she'll start to feel better soon.
I'm also glad that you were able to get through the emergency vet.

·
Registered
6,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I never did get thru to them addfran. I had to wait until morning, I phoned as soon as they opened and they squeezed me in an hour later.

They were going to stich it, but because there is signs of infection the vet wouldnt (Would close any infection inside the skin then) so she has to put up with that instead.

Shes gone to sleep on the bed now with her brother. The vet gave me one of those collars to stop her chewing it off, but it REALLY freaked her out, she started trying to walk backwards getting it off so I took it off her again.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Oh, I'm sorry you had to wait so long. It was probably just as hard for you as it was for her.

The collars are pretty scary. I saw something in a magazine that was different...it looked more like one of the neck braces a human would wear if they got into a car accident. It was made of softer material but was thicker and didn't cover their face. I wonder how well those work.

Seems like her foot is pretty well wrapped up though, so she'll probably do alright without it. You'll have to decide if you want to leave it off while your not at home though...you don't want to come home and find her with her bandage chewed off!

Do you have any idea what she did to cut her foot?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Poor thing. She does look quite annoyed, if only she knew it was in her best interest. I'm glad everything is working out for you both.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Oh, no.
Can you reapply another bandage yourself? It'snot very difficult.
In the picture she is licking it, but is she doing that a lot?? If so you may have to leave the collar on her or reapply the bandage.

Looks like it actually slid off all in one piece! Was it even her fault that it came off??

·
Registered
6,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Shes been shaking her leg since it was put on, she basicly shuck it off.
The vet told me she had put it on loosly.

I phoned the vets back up because the wound looked very yukky, I gotta take her back in at 3pm (in 1 and a half hours) that should cost me even more money now.
She licked it to death at first, has stopped now. She seems much happier with it off, but it cant stay off because its on her foot and an open cut which cant be stiched its in such a vunerable place to get dirt in it, eg when she uses her litter tray.

I think that when my boyfriend comes home im gonna go to halfords, ive seen in there pet first aid kits for £12.99 then if she pulls her bandage off again I have something to put it back on instead of paying £30 to see the vet again. (Have to wait for him to come home because he has the car, just hope it doesnt rain because I have to walk to the vets with smeagle)

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Didn't even think about the litterbox. That's right!
If the vet admitted to putting it on loosely, you'd think they'd be nice enough to not charge when it slid off on the first night!
What can you do though? You have to get her all fixed up again.
I hope you are able to find a little first aid kit that has what you need so if it happens again you can re-wrap it yourself.

Let us know how vet visit #2 turns out!

·
Registered
6,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
She got another bandage put on, and it was put on better this time.
Smeagle isnt impressed, she enjoyed no bandage.

Then I have to take her back AGAIN tomorrow.
The vet is gonna put a stitch in it so it will heal quicker.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Poor Poor sad & bandadged Smeagle!
And poor poor Smeagle's Caretaker! How stressful!

Much good health and well wishes to you Smeagle.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts