Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This probably sounds weird but does anyone else love the smell of their cat?

Mow has a distinctive smell that is concentrated on the back of his head and between his shoulder blades. Since I seem to wind up sleeping with my face buried in his fur I notice it. Very soothing.

Am I was weird as that sounds? :p

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Yes! Cats smell great. Not always but I love the way my cats smell. Some people compare the smell to cardboard which kind of makes sense since my cats love to sleep in boxes.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Omg, dogs stink as cute as some might be, I never met a dog that smelled good. Not even the ones that just got a bath. For that reason, CATS RULE!!! I'll take a smelly cat over a dog any day! LOL

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have to agree, cats do smell better than dogs.

Chance will smell good after a bath, but not long afterwards he's back to his old smelly self. Gizmo however, smells much better than Chance, even on Gizmo's stinky days lol.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Cat saliva is pretty deodorizing, so their fur doesn't smell stinky (unless they have a bad mouth infection). Since my two groom each others, there is no smell between the shoulder blades. The only thing that is somewhat stinky is my boy's feet....kinda musky smelling.

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The only thing that is somewhat stinky is my boy's feet....kinda musky smelling.
Like corn chips. :p That's what Mow's feet remind me of. Frito Lay's Corn Chips. I didn't think about the grooming. That would be why the back of his head/shoulder blades smell strongest..he can't lick there.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Omg, dogs stink as cute as some might be, I never met a dog that smelled good. Not even the ones that just got a bath. For that reason, CATS RULE!!! I'll take a smelly cat over a dog any day! LOL
My pomeranian's fur smells like oatmeal. :D It's so weird, and not bothersome at all. But yeah, some dogs smell awful.

I'm actually not sure if my cats smell like much of anything at all! Every time I try smelling their fur I can't smell a thing. I've never inhaled too deeply though. I'm mildly allergic and while my allergies dramatically improved with constant exposure, sticking my nose right in their fur still makes me a little sneezy. ;)

·
Registered
162 Posts
I love smelling my girls! Sabrina always smells fresh and sweet. Sidonie has a slightly more musky smell, but still pleasant and clean. Oddly they both have pretty stinky saliva, so I find it so funny that it dries down so nice.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Oh, mine smell lovely. Forte smells kind of like sawdust or cardboard, and Coda just smells like fresh clean fur...but Allegro is the best. I swear, it's like pheromones or something. Right around his cheeks and neck...I can't describe it, but I just bury my face into his neck and inhale. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts