Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 18 month old female kitty for the past couple months really smells bad. I began to notice it around Christmas and it's become worse in January. She smells like poop. Lately however it seems to also be urine. She seems healthy and active. She gets and drinks a lot of water. We took her to a groomer for a sanitary cut which seemed to reduce the smell but now it's back. I m noticing the house seems to be smelling now.

Could she be getting cat litter on her paws and not cleaning it off? We got her as a very young kitten and were told he'd been rescued after her mother died. Is there some sort of sanitary wipe we can use on her paws and bottom that won't be toxic to her?

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Does kitty groom herself? Do you have other cats? Because she was rescued "as a very young kitten" it's possible that she did not learn how to groom herself by watching her momacat or other cats? To clean her you could use an old washcloth or towel and use some natural soap....rinse her paws well. Also, cat wipes are available at Amazon, some "All Natural" ones are Arava and Burt's Bees.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I will try to locate some wipes. We have one other cat but she is much older and they do not interact much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts