Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just adopted a cat and i never had a cat before. My kitten is a boy, 3 months old and is very friendly. The only thing is he passes gas very frequently. There is always this smell that I keep feeling quite often. I know animals do this but do they do this so often? Can it be a sign of a problem with its stomach or intestines? Or is it just because it is new at home and its body is reacting this way? I was told that he got dewormed 1 month ago. He is eating Science Diet for kittens. What should I do?
Thanks for any answers.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
There are many better foods than science diet, perhaps one of the "food gurus" can elaborate more on that for me. Higher quality food usually results in stool that doesn't smell as bad.

Kitty may have been de-wormed a month ago (roundworm I'm assuming...), but it's possible that he still has them. My Punky had to get have it done three times over the course of 3 months to get fully de-wormed. In the meantime, she was a very gassy cat.

g'luck, and let us know how things turn out.

·
Registered
611 Posts
My friends had a kitten with the same problem. I am not sure what the end solution was. They did switch foods eventually, but it may just have been something where she outgrew it.

It was funny, really, she seemed to only pass gas when someone picked her up!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts