Cat Forum banner

Smergles, Drool & Sprites

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  bkitty 
#1 ·
Defining smurgling - the act of suckling, kneading and mock nursing on inanimate objects, clothing and "the mom person."
I normally do not mind the occasional smurgle but Puddy has abused the privledge! He was draped across the "mom shelf" while I've been on the laptop. You ladies all know where I'm referring to. He was 95% asleep with a mouthfull of shirt, all purry sporadicly kneading, drooling, and sucking. Kinda like a furry baby with a pacifier. But a sprite must have attacked him because he just levitated & took off running as if the pitbulls of Purgatory were after him. Now here I sit: perforated with a soggy shirt staring at the tip of a poofed up tail poking out from under the bookshelf. Excuse me while I go look for bandaids

#4 ·
"Smurgle" ---- looove the definition! But be sure you disinfect those puncture or scratch marks with some Hydrogen Peroxide and put on some antibiotic ointment like Neosporin or Polytopic. Even little scratches or punctures can get infected.

#5 ·
Done. Like I said I don't mind smurgles - 4 of our cats do it. It seems to be a holdover from being a bottlebaby and I am guilty off letting them nurse off a bottle way past normal, I defend this since who can resist a cute kitten who begs when another litter is getting fed? FYI the pic I have posted is PuddyWoW
I just want to find the sprite that goosed Puddy. It has to go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.