Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've posted in Nutrition and Health about the Mama cat and her five(5) kittens that I've taken in to help out some not so cat savvy friends that couldn't afford them. Now that they're here I'd like to introduce everyone. All of the kittens are just being called by their collars at the moment, Green, Blue, Maroon, Cupcake and Sparkles. Mama came with her name so she'll remain Smokey.

So Mama Smokey

Uncooperative Kittens(taken this morning)

Slightly more cooperative kittens(taken the night before we took them home)

Green

Blue

Maroon
background

Cupcake
foreground

Sprinkles/Sparkles

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mama can't weigh more then 3-4 pounds...she's lighter then my camo who is between 5 and 6 and they're about the same age. I can feel every bone in her poor body. Lots of mushy kitten food and going to start KMR tomorrow as a suppliment.

·
Registered
712 Posts
They are so precious- such gorgeous colouring. They look so little in their collars, adorable.

I LOVE the pic of your dog's paw with them!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Oh my goodness, major cuteness overload! They are sooo *adorable*, I love mama's green eyes. You must really have your hands full having so many little ones running around!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they are around 8 weeks now(no one was living at the house when she had them so no one is quite sure) they'll stay with me for another couple of weeks, they're already fantastic with getting bathed, combed and nails done, now we're just making sure they're getting all the mama and people socialization possible. Everyone looks like they've got prospective families to go to, both girls are going together, one boy is going to a family with a two year old (fixed male)kitty and two boys are going to friends who will be letting them spend a good amount of time together.

Abbie, that's my friends black lab puppy, super friendly little thing. My dogs would totally have been trying to play whack a mole.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
OMG...Mama is lovely and the kittens are sooo adorable. I ooohed and aaahed my way all through the pictures!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
New Pictures!

everybody loves mushy food

blue likes coors

maroon is a bit of a book worm!

green likes to stalk everyone

sisters who are going to a home together!

you don't need these papers do you??

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
They are absolutely adorable! I'm glad to hear the sisters are going to a home together. Have you been able to find homes for all of them?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I thought I had homes lined up for all of them but I've been unable to contact anyone but the gentleman who is taking the girls. We've got the funds to keep them for a bit, but the sooner they're all gone, the sooner I don't have to worry about anyone escaping and being eaten by the dogs. Does anyone in Ottawa/Kingston/Montreal/Cornwall/Trenton/Ogdensburg NY want an adorable grey kitten or two???? I am willing to deliver!

I also found a low cost spay neuter clinic in quebec so I'm hoping/trying to hook the new owners up with that, especially the guy who is taking the two girls, because I know how costly getting them fixed is.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts

you don't need these papers do you??
I just found what my Smokey looked like as a kitten. Same body shape, same head shape, and the same cute, little "big" ears. If I didn't live all the way in California, I would take this baby in a heartbeat. I'm assuming the the pink collar means that this baby is a girl?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just found what my Smokey looked like as a kitten. Same body shape, same head shape, and the same cute, little "big" ears. If I didn't live all the way in California, I would take this baby in a heartbeat. I'm assuming the the pink collar means that this baby is a girl?

yup, the other girl is super fluffy and I think will have a longer coat then the rest of them. This one is quite a love bug, and not afraid of anything except the bathroom sink....but that might have been because their first bath time was not well planned or executed.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As much as I can't wait for all the kittens to find their new homes, it makes me sad to think of them apart and not with us. On the bright side I may have found a home for two boys to go together, so that would be good. And if we're stuck with one kitten and mama...well it's an improvement over 6!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts