Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasn't sure how she would take to this, but I've seen it on TV and found one at CVS Pharmacy, so decided to give it a try. She wasn't quite sure what to do for a while and sat there and stared at it for some ten minutes before she decided to jump in and give it a try. After that, it was very entertaining watching her play with it.

I'm not sure what happened in the first photo to make her paws look malformed. They are quite normal. Just an odd angle, I guess.

"Okay, what am I supposed to do with this?"

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
We had one in the FIV/FeLV unit of the shelter and the cats LOVED it. The concept is the little animal is on a wire that puts it even with the edge of the nylon and it travels in the circle around the center point. But not always in a direct circle - it can go forward and backward with random stopping/switching points. The cat chases the animal (I think ours was a mouse) as it peeks out from under the cover during it's circles.

Ours lasted about two weeks before it met it's destruction, but that was with more than a dozen cats ganged up on it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
What exactly is this? :) Looks neat.
It's called "Cat's Meow", and it's a battery powered wand hidden under a cover that moves in a way that entices the cats. It randomly switches direction and even stops for a few second as if "resting", then starts up again, which really grabs the cat's attention. Very entertaining to watch. Some pharmacies now carry "As seen on TV" items, so I saved on shipping.

Reviews on Amazon have been mixed. Some people have complained that their cats tore it up quickly, and some complained that it isn't really a "mouse", just a "tail" (does the cat really care?). Others praised the creativity of the toy and declared "best cat toy ever". Smoky loves it, so I'm happy. It was $20 well spent.

Amazon.com carries it at a lower price than the manufacturer's commercial, btw, but I chose to buy locally to avoid the shipping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts