Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again my feline loving friends, sorry I've been so on and off posting, things have been busy busy busy! BUT I figured I owe a "foster kitten" update, and some pictures.

So here goes!

Some of you may remember my adult girls, Squeak and Smudge. Both are doing quite well, and getting along great with the kitten...s... Yes, KITTENS! Plural! lol

Here's the story--

Slate I found out had a heart murmur--this meant he was going NOWHERE. Not only did I already love him when I first took him in, but with a potentially serious health problem, I wasn't about to adopt him out to someone who might not take care of him properly and with dedication.

He also had round worms, fleas, and was anemic and underweight.

Loki--the short haired brother--also had worms but was otherwise healthy and thriving. He got adopted but came back after about 2 weeks because he was just too much for the new owner to handle.

aaaaaand he stayed. And I can see...why he might be too much for someone to handle. He is ALWAYS into something, nonstop GOGOGO, running jumping climbing CRAZY kitten. I've never seen a kitten who has so much energy and who likes to get into as much trouble as he does. He's also a finger nibbler (never hard, but it could be disconcerting) and loves to chase the girls around and wrestle.

BUT he is my kissy kitty, who loves to lick my face and elbow (weird!), and is a master cuddler. I love him just as much as Slate, and the two of them are total opposites--Slate likes to lay NEAR me but not usually on/against me unless I'm sleeping, and is very laid back (though this may be due to his health right now) whereas Loki can usually be located attached to me somewhere if he's not making mischief.

Oberon -the long haired grey tabby twin - now named "PePe" by his new owners (who adopted him at around 8-9 weeks old), is doing FANTASTIC. I am friends with the woman who owns him and regularly see new pictures posted of him with her son or hubby, or best yet, curled up on top of their Golden Retriever cross. He's looking great and the woman who adopted him regularly messages me to thank me for choosing her to be his home. What a great feeling!

(Oh look--Loki is against my hip, Squeak is curled in my lap, and Slate is curling up on top of her...because he loves to cuddle her!).

Anyway, I promised pictures and I apologize that these are just links, but feel free to post any actual pictures if you like them that much, there's just a LOT of them, and I thought you guys might like to see how they've grown over the past few months. :D Enjoy!

Squeak!

Squeak! (Formerly LBC) | Facebook

Smudge!

Smudge! | Facebook

Slate!

Slate - The Face of Foster Failure | Facebook

AAAAAAAAAAAAnd Loki!!!

Loki - Foster Failure x 2 | Facebook

·
Banned
63 Posts
I'm laughing because I adopted out 2 fosters about 2 years ago, and I called the Gibbs and Ducky. Their new mom calls them Smudge and Squeak. Seemed like an odd combo to me, but I guess not! LOL

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the love guys. :)

Smudge got her name for the small "smudge" of white on her nose, and Squeak...well..she squeaks. Often. She never got a real "adult cat" meow, and even my little tiny kittens have more adult mews than she does!

Squeak DOES have a lot of personality. She's funny. She talks the most of all four of them, and is a cuddle bug. She is also...very not graceful. I didn't know they made cats in "clumsy ox" molds, but if ever, she is one!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts