Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone. If you read my post before I just got a cat last friday from the Spca. I took her to the vet yesterday and she said the diarrhea was psobably due to stress and change of food....she did a test for coxcidia and giardia and the test was negative thang god and the angels!
But now there is something new....she has been sneezing a lot, I didn't really think about it at the vet's yesterday, but now I am noticing it more. do you think it is just dust? she did venture in between my cabinets and fridge and got soome dust on her....or do you think this is something different? I have never heard a cat sneeze before....it is new to me.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Yes, it could be dust, but it could also be a respiratory infection. If your cat continues to sneeze I would check things out with your vet to be on the safe side. Is your cats eyes teary?

·
Registered
365 Posts
My cats sneeze once and a while...don't you? If your cat is sneezing consistantly I would take her to the vet. Does the cat have discharge from her eyes? crusty nose? You can take the cats temperature and see if it's febrile. hmm I think a cats norm temp is 102 point something? Lexie may know? You will have to do a rectal temp but try to use a electric because the glass take too long.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts