Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Justin has been sneezing for a couple days. Some of them full blown sneezes and some just kind of a half sneeze if that makes any sense. Usually he sneezes several times in a row and sometimes it is when he appears to be sniffing at the carpet. Could this be some sort of irritation or allergy to something in the apartment?
He doesn't have runny eyes or nose and his gums are a good color. If this is a cold, should I just wait it out? If it's viral, I know there's probably not much the vet could do for him.
Oh yeah, he also went to the vet about a week ago, so is it possible that he picked up something there and is just now coming down with it? He has been vaccinated against all the upper respiratory viruses.
He is of course, eating and playing well.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Moby has does this too and it went away after a couple days (although it wasn't extremely frequent). I'd keep watch on it though, or bring him in if you feel it's something more serious.

Is he able to come into contact with other cats? In order to pick up a respiratory virus?

Speaking of - Moby always sneezes in chains. I know this offen happens in humans (like my mother), but I had never seen a cat other than him do it before (it scared me the first time). Is this typical or a sign of a problem?

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Frosty and Doodles (the little pom) got both a little sick a week and a half ago : Doodles had a bad caugh and Frosty started with sneezing then he got more -> runny nose + some sort of infection in the eyes. I think I mentioned in a different thread that we got Clavamox for him and he is now 100% healthy. I hope you will figure out if your kitties do it because of dust or something else. Best of Luck!

ps I forgot to mention that Frosty was also eating and playing well

·
Registered
52 Posts
i have a 13 week old kitten... and he sneezes a lot too. couple days here and there. he also had a small runny nose but that only lasted about a day.

i am no vet or cat expert... but i have a hunch maybe the kitties just caught a little cold or something!!! Tony (my kitten) seams just fine, he will just sneeze from time to time.

i think your cat will be fine just make sure he has lots of water and good food :p

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
sneezing

Probably just a little upper respiratory virus passing through that his system is sneezing to get rid of. As long as he's eating and feeling fine, and his eyes aren't red or goopy, probably okay to just let it run its course. If you feel the urge to *do* something, add a pinch of Ester C powder to his food for a few days; the antioxidant action will help his immune system.

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

1 - 6 of 6 Posts