Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive noticed my cat has been sneezing a little lately. She only used to sneeze very rarely. Shes not sneezing all day, but just a couple of times. Should i be worried, or could it just be dust or something? I felt her nose, and its not wet at all. Her eyes are not watery, and are nice and bright as usual. What do you think?

·
Registered
866 Posts
I'd just keep watch on her - dry noses can be a bad sign as well (dehydration I think). Moby sneezes every once and a while and has never seemed to have a problem. Look to see if eye gunk increases too.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Her nose isnt dry, its just sort of slightly damp. I havent noticed any sneezing so far today, but ill keep an eye on her. Its just i got worried because she never seems to sneeze. Thanks for the help. :)

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Someone actually did a study once on wetness of nose and illness; there was no correlation at all.

Sneezing can be due to a lot of things, dryness for one. Or she could be fighting off a little virus. Try a humidifier if it keeps up.

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
10,243 Posts
I just noticed that my cat Twinkie sneezes more often than Sugar. I think I need to vacuum more often but anyways, if it persists I would start worrying that your cat has a cold maybe....keep an eye out for it, I know how worrysome they can make us. (((=

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She doesnt seem to be sneezing any more. I just got worried about her. I will still keep an eye on her though! :shock:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts