Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody see this as well tonight? She lip synched the first song, that was TERRIBLE, you could tell right away... i tuned back around the end of the second song, or what i thought was the end because the band was playing but she was nowhere in sight...i thought it was odd but didn't think anything of it.. NOW I KNOW - she missed her cue!!! :lol:

I guess she's really untalented, why didn't she just say 'stop the tape, let's sing for real!' and continue going... why walk away like a clown???

EDIT: sorry, no link :(

PS i wish i owned TIVO :?

PPS the show was excellent overall, Jude Law is HOT

·
Registered
115 Posts
OMG!! I didn't see the episode...but your clip was great...very funny, but I felt embarrased for her!! Why do artists do that these days?? Why not sing for real?? 8O

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Why do artists do that these days?? Why not sing for real??
Because they have no talent. That sounds harsh, but many of these people only sound good after lots of studion editing and touch-ups, not to mention other types of enhancers. Lots of people sound pretty awful live. :( Also, I didn't see the clip, but if the artist is a "performer" and does a lot of dancing or other complicated routines, it's very difficult to sing well and do that at the same time, so they have them perform and lip sync. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
That is one of my pet peeves with "live" performances these days. Do you notice how almost EVERY music video these days (other than rock and country) has choreographed dancing? This all started with Janet Jackson and Paula Abdul in the 80's as something different but it has become so overused that it is ridiculous. To artists like Britney Spears who lip sync all their music because of the complicated dance routines, people don't buy your CDs because of your dancing. And why even wear the phony headset mic? Everyone knows you lip sync.

A few years ago I watched a live performance by the country trio SheDaisy where they attempted a dance routine while actually singing and their vocals, which are usually very good, suffered because of it. Does anyone here really even care what else the singer does on stage, just as long as they sing? OK I'm done with my rant. :wink:

BTW, the link posted above doesn't work for me... "This page cannot be displayed".

·
Registered
84 Posts
i really dont like ashlee simpson her style doesnt suit her, if seen the ashlee simpson show on Mtv and cant stand it n e more! i much prefer jessica simpson she sings like an angel! I'm not in to rock chick type stuff at all :roll:

·
Registered
115 Posts
From what I understand, a lot of the performers on Saturday Night Live lip sync. It probably has to do with the acoustics on the set, because some places just aren't good for live singing. The other artists just pull it off way better.

·
Registered
327 Posts
i heard about it too on the news but i didnt see the clip of it...Ashlee simpson has just a "rock tough girl" act on to lookdifferent than her sister ...i really dont like her or her sister....ashlee lip syncs and her sister looks like she is pushing so hard when singing ....id be embarassed if that happened to me!

·
Registered
821 Posts
I saw it! My boyfriend came home with the link tonight. It was funny, but I was embarrassed for her! What was the little dance she did? Hahahha.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I saw it, and was embarrassed for her until at the end she blamed everything on "her band playing the wrong song" First she ran off stage leaving them to figure out *** to do and then she blamed them? They were the only ones who showed any sign of having dignity!

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I understand the need for lip-syncing sometimes, whether it's for health reasons or to insure a flawless performance. Did you know that Super Bowl half times are always pre-recorded? Even Whitney Houston's amazing performance years ago was pre-recorded. You can't have a mess-up at the Super Bowl.

It's just that the public is so untrusting of anyone who does lip-sync because of frauds like Milli-Vanilli.

On the subject of Ashlee herself, I don't mind her music. I do not think it is a very good reflection of who she is, though. I've watched her show on MTV, and she struggles so hard to be the opposite of Jessica. She won't wear this or do this b/c Jessica did. I'd rather listen to a rocker-chick who does it because that's who she really is not b/c she's struggling to be drastically different from someone else.

·
Registered
209 Posts
haha someone hacked her web site!

i hope something good comes from all this negativity. lip synching is so lame. everyone knows it, nobody likes it, yet its accepted. if some of these pop stars would only put as much effort into singing as they do into their image and dance routine...

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
mismodliz said:
Did you know that Super Bowl half times are always pre-recorded? Even Whitney Houston's amazing performance years ago was pre-recorded. You can't have a mess-up at the Super Bowl.
:?

Then how did the Janet Jackson fiasco happen?

Re Ashlee Simpson: I'm with marijun. Lip-synching is lame. But I'm not a fan of either Ashlee or Jessica so I find myself apathetic.

·
Registered
44 Posts
After hearing her sing last night on the RMA, I see why she lip syncs. She has a terrible voice. No musical talent at all.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
All of the music for super bowl performances is supposedly pre-recorded and it makes sense. From what I understand, stadium acoustics are so bad that the musicians and singers would never be able to keep time with each other, let alone stay on pitch. Plus the technician at the sound board trying to get a quality mix in such conditions? I can understand those reasons, but if you can't sing, you shouldn't be recording in the first place.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts