• I watch it if I'm up

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't think SNL will ever top the comedy that the original cast brought to late night television but I still watch it every now and then. It's still got some pretty funny stuff but sometimes it can be a bit tacky.
There's going to be a 2 hour special featuring the first 5 years of SNL in a couple of weeks. I'll probably watch that.
This is my first poll. I hope it works cause I don't really know what I'm doing.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Looks like the poll works. :D

I'm lucky enough to see the original first years on tv right now, one of the swedish commercial channels bought up the whole thing and it's hillarous to watch. Some of the jokes is of course very typical for that time and date, but it also brings back memories from that time.

Funny enough is much of the jokes regarding president Bush fitting today with the jr. So if they ever get bored, they can just bring out old material and reuse it for today.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
I really don't like SNL now - though it used to be good. Even beyond the first years, there were some cast members who were good, and enough humor to make it funny. But that changed drastically in the last several years. I flip by sometimes when it's on, but most if it is just ... painful.

·
Super Moderator
8,187 Posts
I still watch it if it's on but I usually fall asleep during it. Back in the days when it was a good cast, I could watch the whole thing through but now it is so boring and not funny most of the time so I just go to sleep.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Adrienne said:
I love it. It is not a very politiclly corret show, so I know that turns a lot of people off.
That's sure not what turns me off - what turns me off is that I just can't laugh at it any more - it's become so stupid. (I happen to (quite often) prefer humor that's not politically correct, but only if it's funny.) And SNL is even tame by those standards - it's not that controversial.

·
Registered
674 Posts
jessamica8 said:
Adrienne said:
I love it. It is not a very politiclly corret show, so I know that turns a lot of people off.
That's sure not what turns me off - what turns me off is that I just can't laugh at it any more - it's become so stupid. (I happen to (quite often) prefer humor that's not politically correct, but only if it's funny.) And SNL is even tame by those standards - it's not that controversial.
I know a lot of peple who do get offened by it. It was a big debate in a class of mine. A student was mad because the show made jokes about minorites and women adn they thought that was offensive. I don't think the show it offensive or very contreversial either, but there are a lot of people who do.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Adrienne said:
I know a lot of peple who do get offened by it. It was a big debate in a class of mine. A student was mad because the show made jokes about minorites and women adn they thought that was offensive. I don't think the show it offensive or very contreversial either, but there are a lot of people who do.
:lol: Oh, there are always those people. (Just so you know, I'm not arguing here., I actually agree with you.) I find it funny when people will complain about anything - a lot of people miss the satire; sometimes, those jokes about minorities and such are making fun of the people who believe that way, rather than the minorities themselves. *Sigh* Some people just aren't happy without someone to complain about/target. I fully believe people tend to take the concept of "politically correct" waaayyy too far.

·
Registered
674 Posts
:lol: Oh, there are always those people. (Just so you know, I'm not arguing here., I actually agree with you.) I find it funny when people will complain about anything - a lot of people miss the satire; sometimes, those jokes about minorities and such are making fun of the people who believe that way, rather than the minorities themselves. *Sigh* Some people just aren't happy without someone to complain about/target. I fully believe people tend to take the concept of "politically correct" waaayyy too far.
I couldn't agree with you more. And I knew you weren't trying to argue :D

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do get a kick out of the impersonations they mimick of those who are in the spotlight. Including political figs. :pig

1 - 10 of 10 Posts