Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dh is a world class snorer. In between the snoring, old man lip smacking noises and passing wind he actually had the hiccups last night. The hiccups, I can't believe I sleep in the same bed with this neanderthal. :lol: Now he's trying to convince me that I snore, ME impossible! No way
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,166 Posts
reprot said:
My dh is a world class snorer. In between the snoring, old man lip smacking noises and passing wind he actually had the hiccups last night. The hiccups, I can't believe I sleep in the same bed with this neanderthal. :lol: Now he's trying to convince me that I snore, ME impossible! No way
Oh my god! Are we married to the same man?? 8O 8O You just described my dh. :oops: :oops:

And he says I snore, too. Hmph! What does he know anyway?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,303 Posts
Snoring

LOL :lol:
Partner had the cheek to tell me I snore :eek: I told him ladies don't snore. He said it was like sleeping with a truffle pig, and he gave a very unkind demonstration. :(
The nerve of it :evil:

seashell
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,243 Posts
I absolutely hate it with a passion when my bf passes gas in bed. Especially under the covers, oh how I get cranky! He told me one time that I snored, hehe I don't think so. I don't snore 8)
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
In all seriousness, you should suggest that your snoring husbands go to the doctor for a sleep apnea test. A great deal of people that are "world class snorers" suffer from sleep apnea.

SA can be potentially fatal as it causes cardiovascular problems and has caused many a car crash from people being so sleepy that they fall asleep at the wheel.

I say this b/c I have sleep apnea. My husband always made fun of me for "sucking the walls in" when I'd sleep. I stayed tired all the time and nobody figured out why till they sent me for a sleep study. Now I sleep with a CPAP which keeps my airways open and I feel MUCH better.

****************

Back to the regularly scheduled thread. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
179 Posts
Aside from the sleep apnea sufferer, you all are cracking me up! DH occasionally snores but mostly he's a teeth grinder.

One night I woke up to him peering over me, staring very intently. When I asked him what he was doing he wanted to know what I had been dreaming about b/c he was positive it had something to do with "sawing logs." He then laughed hysterically. He was quite pleased with his joke and found it even funnier the next day :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,480 Posts
Reprot, LOL on the description of your husband!! :lol:

murried2 said:
In all seriousness, you should suggest that your snoring husbands go to the doctor for a sleep apnea test. A great deal of people that are "world class snorers" suffer from sleep apnea.
Yes!! Amanda has an excellent point. My DH has sleep apnea. He could wake the dead with his snoring, and since I'm a heavy sleeper it didn't bother me much.

However, one night I woke up at about 4:00 AM and couldn't sleep. I heard him stop breathing followed by gasping for air! 8O 8O It was very scary. I had never heard this before, but apparently it happens during the "deep sleep hours" (can't remember the medical term for this :? ).

He went to the sleep clinic for an overnight observation -- he was so bad that they stopped the test after an hour and put a CPAP on him. 8O

So folks, try listening to that snoring spouse in the wee hours to make sure that they're breathing. It could be a lifesaver.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,648 Posts
lymekaps said:
I heard him stop breathing followed by gasping for air! 8O 8O It was very scary. I had never heard this before, but apparently it happens during the "deep sleep hours" (can't remember the medical term for this :? ).
REM ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
562 Posts
Doesn't that stand for Rapid Eye Movement? Or is that just an overall term for when you are in the heaviest part of sleep?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
lymekaps said:
Yes!! Amanda has an excellent point. My DH has sleep apnea. He could wake the dead with his snoring, and since I'm a heavy sleeper it didn't bother me much.

However, one night I woke up at about 4:00 AM and couldn't sleep. I heard him stop breathing followed by gasping for air! 8O 8O It was very scary. I had never heard this before, but apparently it happens during the "deep sleep hours" (can't remember the medical term for this :? ).

He went to the sleep clinic for an overnight observation -- he was so bad that they stopped the test after an hour and put a CPAP on him. 8O

So folks, try listening to that snoring spouse in the wee hours to make sure that they're breathing. It could be a lifesaver.
I have also seen this happen with my DH. I am a light sleeper and it keeps me awake a lot.

When I tell him about it in the morning he doesn't really think it is anything important. So I lay awake and worry. He doesn't go to the doctor unless he is really sick, which doesn't happen much. The only time I could get him to go to a doctor in the last 20 years was when he almost cut his thumb off and was bleeding profusely.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
224 Posts
I have a snorer also :roll: And it makes me crazy...Usually I wind up downstairs on the couch, or I wind up pushing him around the bed half the night trying to get him to sleep on his stomach (hes less noisey) LOL

Mine sucks the paint off the walls, I am surprised that I have not found a cat or guinea pig stuck in his mouth in the morning 8O He also, grinds his teeth and he must dream of eating in his sleep, he is always chewing something...LOL...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,160 Posts
I have a story about snoring...

About 3 months before my husband and I got married I moved in with him. I really wasn't aware of his snoring issues until moving in and after about the first 2 weeks I couldn't take it anymore and I told him to go to a doc and get himself checked out. He went through the whole "sleep at the hospital" scenario to get tested for sleep apnea. Yep, it turns out that's exactly what it was. Ever since then he has worn a CPAP machine around his mouth and nose while sleeping. He claims that since doing this he sleeps more soundly at night because the apnea doesn't wake him up partially anymore. He feels much more rested in the mornings now and I don't have to listen to his snoring. It did take a while to get used to the constant hum of the CPAP machine though but now I hardly notice it.
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top