Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It snowed all day here today in upstate NY and the cats all seemed to be of one mind. Watch a few birds, take a few naps.

Orange guy Tuffy kept an eye on the cardinals and chickadees.

Five weeks ago I brought two semi-feral cats, Stripes and Junior, home from the barn colony. I love having them around and they have settled in so well with everyone. Twice now I've seen Stripes curled up with Tuffy and his brother Boxer. Sweet.

Last night I watched as newcomer Junior batted the ball around the Turbo Scratcher to Scoopy, my 12-year-old, who kept sending it back.

It's weather like this that makes me appreciate just how laid back all my cats are.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Awww...that's sweet. My girls are always fascinated by the snow, which means they will be fascinated tomorrow since I think your storm, or another one, is headed our way.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
@Greenport ferals: I also look at my cats and marvel at how they're so laidback too. We should all endeavor to adopt their attitude in life! :)

Ha Susan, I wonder how my bunch are doing? Not home yet so I'll ask my mom after
I leave work. I'm sure Miu is probably trying to catch snowflakes again. :)

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Ha Susan, I wonder how my bunch are doing? Not home yet so I'll ask my mom after I leave work. I'm sure Miu is probably trying to catch snowflakes again. :)
We didn't get hit as hard as I thought we would, although perhaps there's more on the way. We're supposed to get another load on the weekend too. I'm working at home today, so I get to enjoy my girls as well. Yeah, snow day! Careful driving and I hope your bunch are enjoying the snow. :)

·
Registered
435 Posts
The ONLY good thing about snow is being able to stay home and be with Ritz. She was rescued shortly after a 20 inch snow storm (December 2009), so probably doesn't have a lot of good memories about snow. And doesn't like wind at all because it makes the curtains move. Which is why I really like to be home with her during these storms. (Strangely, isn't afraid of thunderstorms at all.)

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I see how it is. We're all like that! I also relish days at home cuz I get to spend time with the furkids!

@Cindy: Oh, that breaks my heart. I'm glad she was rescued. 20 INCHES of snow?! Lord! It's very thoughtful of you to keep her company when she needs it.

@Susan: Yep, the totally overestimated. But I see we're getting a second wave right now. Hope it won't be much when it's through. I heard the majority of the next one will be on Mon/Tues though. Seems Miu doesn't care. My mom said she's sleeping.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts