Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may be familiar with my story about the stray I took care of outside for a year. He's very long-haired and I was never entirely sure that he was male. I brought him inside around Thanksgiving and then took him to the vet in early December.

The girls there looked him over carefully and proclaimed him a girl! Then they said the vet would double check, and they took Snow Kitty to the other room for her shots. The vet shaved her looking for a spay scar and didn't find one, so I took her back in this week to be spayed.

Imagine my surprise when the vet told me that Snow Kitty is actually a boy! She had looked again for a spay scar and finding none decided to investigate further and discovered the truth. But she couldn't find a neuter scar either. So she went ahead and opened him and looked for testicles but found none.

She *did* find, however, enlarged lymph nodes and took a sample for testing.

Anyway, I'm assuming that the girls didn't ask her to check the first time I took him in, because she sounded surprised as if there had never been any doubt.

Poor Snow Kitty is all confused now, as am I! :lol: Has this ever happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
That's a real identity crisis! I'm sorry to hear he got opened up when he was already neutered, but at least now you know, and of course there's the lymph node issue.

I remember seeing his picture and how beautiful a cat he is. How are things going with him inside?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a real identity crisis! I'm sorry to hear he got opened up when he was already neutered, but at least now you know, and of course there's the lymph node issue.

I remember seeing his picture and how beautiful a cat he is. How are things going with him inside?
Thank you! :)

So far I have still not introduced him to the other two cats. I was waiting for him/her to be fixed and apparently I wasted all of that time. :roll: But he still seems to be find just staying in his own room. I spend a lot of play time with him. Once he's healed up I'll move forward with getting him with the other cats.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
So, are you now sure he's a he? :) Good job you picked a name that works for both boy or girl. I too remember his picture and how lovely he was. I'm glad to hear things are going well.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, are you now sure he's a he? :) Good job you picked a name that works for both boy or girl. I too remember his picture and how lovely he was. I'm glad to hear things are going well.

Thanks! :)

No, not entirely sure! I have absolutely no idea, but I guess once the vet got in there she was at least sure there were no lady parts. Oh well...he can just be a uni-cat. :lol:

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Well it's rare, but maybe it's a hermaphrodite? Could have "parts", just much smaller than usual and sort of in the middle of where they should be either way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts