Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a handful of pics from the storm. Would loved to have gotten more on Sunday, but it was just way to cold and windy, plus that snow was so hard to walk through! I guess the official total for our area was 20"! 8O

Back door. It was drifted this high all along the back of the house, to about 5' out away from the house. Our furnace vent got blocked, and Dave had to go out mid storm to shovel it out. It was so windy, it just pushed everything up against the back side of the house.

Driveway was huge drifts all the way down, and the same thing from the house to the barn. Poor Dave, he started snowblowing at 8:30 a.m., and finally quite at 4:30 that afternoon. He had such a hard time pushing the snowblower through those big drifts.

Hmmmm, I'd say someone's not very happy! :patback

The only brave soul to venture away from the barn! :p

Snow drift jumping! :p

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Oh boy, not looking forward to this. I am in New York and tonight we just got flurries. Love the horse in the snow pics!!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Love the pretty pony! So spunky!

If you have a tractor you can buy a snow blower attachment for them (given the funds of course). That should make snow-blowing easier on Dave. Or just plowing could work ;)

·
Super Moderator
26,493 Posts
Dave's picture is still cracking me up!!

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope, no tractor anymore. We sold the tractors and all hay making equipment when we moved out here. Never thought we'd need it. We've had that snowblower for 2 years, and used it 4x before this weekend! We usually have the county plow us out, but they just couldn't get to us this time. We would have been sitting till today before we would have been plowed had Dave not snow blowed everything.

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
Those pictures state why I dont live in Wisconsin anymore! I just want fond memories of being snowed in. I try not to remember how much my back hurt shoveling snow. My parents never got a snow blower till after the kids left. They had free slave labor to shovel them out.

The picture of Spot running in the snow and venturing out in the snow were wonderful. Made me smile.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That is so cool, Rae! Spot would love to do that, he loves to work! He loves it when the harness comes out, though he doesn't pull a cart, he will pull small things around. I've got to see if hubby can rig something up that he could pull......I think it would be fun! I can't see that would really clear to far down, but if you just had a minimal snow fall, it would be fun!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
That is so cool, Rae! Spot would love to do that, he loves to work! He loves it when the harness comes out, though he doesn't pull a cart, he will pull small things around. I've got to see if hubby can rig something up that he could pull......I think it would be fun! I can't see that would really clear to far down, but if you just had a minimal snow fall, it would be fun!
You would have to plow every 2-4 hours during a big storm (depending on how fast the snow fell to keep up with it). If you and your hubby trade off and have another horse besides spot who can pull, it seems like it would be doable. This is the same reason snow plows run on 24hr shifts when the snow falls, if they wait till it stopped it would take FOREVER for them to clear the snow.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts