Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm getting the idea a lot of people don't sleep with their cats. So I'm up for a poll. Who sleeps with their fluffies and who doesn't and why?

I sleep with my cats. I love the company of a warm cat against my legs while I'm asleep. I love waking up to a cat in my face meowing (though in the moment I'm like GET AWAY PINKY I HAVE FIVE MORE MINUTES!)

I especially love when my cats wait for my alarm to go off and then are on me like white on rice. It's nice to know someone wants to see your face in the mornings. :cat3

So what about you guys? Do you snuggle your kitties, or prefer to sleep alone?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll check up on this in the morning. I'm going to go snuggle my fluffy, oh and my fiance too, I guess >_> I'm awaiting your replies, I hope I get a few.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Both my kitties sleep in my bed, much to my boyfriend's dismay since he's allergic. XD

Nerine, my oldest, sleeps on my pillow right next to my head, and has been doing it ever since I got her at 8 weeks old. She hogs almost the whole pillow now so I always end up moving my head based on where she's laying. ^^

Talulah, my kitten, doesn't always lay in the same place. On the rare occasion Nerine isn't cuddling with me, Talulah lays on my pillow. Otherwise, she usually lays either next to me or down by my feet.

Normally any kind of noise keeps me awake, but I find the purring to be quite soothing. xD

·
Registered
594 Posts
Lickorish usually sleeps at the foot of my bed. Squeek does about half the time. They like to stay on the duvet, so if its warm and I have it folded down, they stay at the foot of the bed. If I have to pull it up, they come up next to me. they don't cuddle with me though, just each other.

·
Registered
275 Posts
My cats sleep on the bed with me when they want to. They tend to snuggle in behind my legs.
I currently have one foster `who likes to sleep on my head

·
Registered
208 Posts
My kitty doesn’t sleep with me. The only reason is my boyfriend. He doesn’t want her to. And he moves a lot while he sleeps, I would be scared that he will crush her in a sleep one day.8O

But otherwise she is allowed to be in bed whenever she wants. She just knows when the sleep time is and leaves the bed and goes to sleep in the living room. Of course, she pays us occasional night visits sometimes.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I am half and half. I let my cats to sleep with me on weekends, but not weekdays. They always want a LOT of affections around 4-5am. During weekdays, I need to get enough sleep to keep up with my work. On weekends however, I can afford being woken up in the mid of night, because I can sleep till noon =D

Also I don't want to make it a habit of them sleeping with me. If in the future, for any reason they are no longer allowed to spend night in my bedroom, it wouldn't be too painful to change for both me and them.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
My cats don't like to sleep on my bed. They prefer their own cat beds or cat tent. Sometimes I wish they would come over for a nap, but I'm afraid I'd crush them if I turned around in my sleep.

·
Registered
435 Posts
The Greatest Love Of All: for my formerly semi-feral cat to sleep with me, usually in between my legs because I have a single bed. I'm berefit until she joins me.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I wish Callie would sleep with me, but she sleeps with my mom instead.
My cat, Sylvester used to sleep with me (but if I moved he would attack my legs. lol), and we had another cat, Tiffany, who used to sleep above my head on my pillow. :luv

·
Registered
22 Posts
My cat kind of sleeps with me...she comes up by pillow so I can stroke her belly. But after about 5 minutes she's down! Then when I wake up she's back, leering over me, tapping me with her paw to wake up! Also, if I get up in the middle of the night, she's by legs! I don't like all the fur in my face, but I do like the purr!!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Banjo doesnt usually sleep with me, although I love when he does. Once I woke up with him on the pillow next to my head. He usually comes to see me when my alarm goes off. Its actually good because I hate getting up in the morning and I usually hit snooze 3 or 4 times, so he motivates me to get up. This morning was really nice, he woke me up by purring in my ear and giving me headbutts:luv

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Both of mine sleep with me. MowMow sleeps under my cheek like a pillow and Shepherd Book sleeps draped across my hip.

Lots of times MowMow doesn't come to bed when I do. He stays on the couch but at some point very early morning he joins me and pokes at my face with his nose until I move and make room for him. I don't mind being woken up, I snuzzle at his fur and we give each other nose kisses and I fall right back to sleep. Mine don't usually wake me up in the mornings. I usually wake before the alarm and spend a few minutes snuzzling and kissing on MOwMow and petting Shepherd until the alarm. Then we all get up together.

When SO is here overnight MowMow sleeps either between our pillows or between his legs.

·
Banned
5,530 Posts
Toby always slept with me, snuggled up to my chest.

Ridley often does, but not every night. He tends to sleep on the pillow next to me though. Or lay on my head :lol:

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Sometimes Harli sleeps at the foot of the bed. Sometimes Lily jumps up for a snuggle; or wants to get under the covers and then leaves after a couple mnutes. I think they both actually prefer their own beds. I probably move around in my sleep and that makes them leave.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I allow my cats to decide what they want to do. Phantom always sleeps with me. I sometimes find Mooch in bed with me. Rarely Patches. Sometimes all three of them are in bed with me when I wake up. But, when I get up, it's treats or a trip to the floor. Spoiled brats.

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
Meme used to sleep against my back and in the mourning I'd be on the edge and she'd be in the middle.
Samantha always spent lots of time with me in bed but as soon as I turned out the lights she'd go to one of her spot.
Chiquita will visit several times during the night, if I get up to use the bathroom when I get back she'll jump up, lately she's taken to getting under the covers but she's a fidgeter, she'll lay down for a few minutes then get up and leave.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Emmy sleeps with me. When I first got her I closed the bedroom door at night so that she couldn't get to the rats cage while I was sleeping, but now that I know she can be left unsupervised around them and everyone is still alive and she has taken up a habit of waking me up at 6am I leave my bedroom door open, but she still sleeps with me. I think. She is there when I fall asleep and there when I wake-up so it seems like she is sleeping with me. She likes to sleep either right up against my face or against the back of my legs or against my stomach depending on how I'm sleeping.

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Four of my six cats sleep with me! Graybee and Nicky sleep on top of the covers
and RoundFace and Ella sleep curled up next to me under the covers. Nicky and
Graybee take turns sleeping on top of me on my back.

It's very crowded because I just have a double bed and being a chunky person
I take up quite a bit of the space myself without adding in 4 cats!

1 - 20 of 95 Posts