Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while im laying down on the couch my kitten Dill loves to purr and rub his head under my chin and all over my face.. he'll do it for like a half and hour at a time.. is this a way of showin affection? he does this as soon as he wakes up and he'll only do it to me.. not my boyfriend. As soon as dill wakes up he finds me and starts to rub all over my face.. i was just wondering if this is some form of affection.. :D

·
Registered
238 Posts
I'd say its definately a form of affection. Tiddy loves to cuddle, he's like a big fluffy teddy bear. He likes to wrap his arms around my neck and lean his head on my face...like he's hugging me.

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
That's sweet. Rubbing against people is supposed to mean they are marking their territory, but they could do that with one or two rubs. I think the are also showing love.

·
Registered
656 Posts
This is how wild cats show each other affection, they rub or kinda bump their heads agianst each other. It is a great honor to you for your cat to do this to you, it means he loves you very much.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I saw a really interesting documentary on cats a few months ago, primarily this rubbing is a scent thing but personally i believe it to be affection, tiggy is a VERY 'rubby' cat, just loves cuddles!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts