Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have wanted to get my turtle a new tank for quite some time. I have had her for 10 years and she is pretty big. I have had her in a 40 gallon tank for a while now. She is so big that she has to turn to get past the ramp for her basking area.

Anyway....when I was in Florida I saw a tank that was wider than mine. I had never seen one wider, which is what I need. When I moved back to Michigan I broke her ramp off her basking area. I went to the pet store where I had it made years ago to get another one. I saw some tanks there that were wider too. When I went back they told me that had layaway. I was so excited I called and told my mom about it. She said she would get it for me or help me get it for my birthday in May if we could do layaway.

Well.....we went today and put it in layaway. I'm so excited! It is an 85 gallon tank. It is 6 inches wider and it is also taller than my old tank. So we have in layaway the tank, top lites, basking platform and a wood stand/cabinet. I can't wait. My mom put $100 towards it and I put $50. Now we are only $300 dollars away :?

I can't wait to get it. My turtle is going to be so happy. She is gonna have tons of room to swim around.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Very cool :)

Out of curiousity, are you planning on selling your old setup? My girlfriend has her rescue turtle in a 20 and is really wanting something bigger for him.

·
Banned
316 Posts
Sounds great!! What a nice new home for your turtle!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will it will be a while....probably a couple of months. I can't wait!

·
Registered
10,238 Posts
If me and my bf move to a bigger place we want to get a turtle. I may be asking you turtle questions soon. I can't wait to see your setup though

1 - 8 of 8 Posts