Cat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so excited, I can't believe I am finally getting a bengal baby. And the best part is, I don't have to pay for it. Long story, but I took in a rescue Siamese that was very sick from a Bengal breeder(the cat was dumped on her and she couldn't keep her for fear of getting all her bengals sick). So to show her gratitude she is letting me have one of her Bengal babies. Ever since I discovered the breed, I have been dying to get one. I will either be getting a marble or a lynx spotted. I go on Saturday to pick my new little one out. I will post pictures as soon as I get him home.
Just wanted to share my excitement with people who would understand. :D

Melissa

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Ooooh you're so lucky! That was such a nice thing for the woman to offer you a kitten! I had never heard of the breed until I became a member of this forum, and since then I've fallen in love with them too. They're so beautiful!

I'll have to admit that some of my favorite pics to see are the updates on Zeus and Hestia :)

Congrats on the new baby!

·
Registered
697 Posts
Wow, that's really generous of the breeder. Goes to show a little kindess goes a long way. You showed that Siamese some love and look what happened :D You are sooooo lucky, I'd love a bengal. Can't wait for photogrphs.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Congrats!!!

That is an awesome thank you!

I love the breed.. but don't think i could ever pay that kinda of money for one.. I like my Shelter Kitties! They are absolutly gorgous cats though..

We want pics!!!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Congratz on the Bengal - I'm glad you could get one for free - I also wouldn't pay that much for a kitty hehe. I guess it goes to show you that kindness is rewarded with kindness?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am going to have a large vet bill when the siamese is well, she has been in the hospital for 7 days now. Trust me that adds up fast even though I do get a discount since I work there. So it's great I am not having to pay anything for the Bengal, cuz I sure wouldn't be able to afford to either.

Melissa

·
Registered
722 Posts
Congratulations! I admit to being Biased but imo Bengals are the BEST breeds! What cattery are you getting your new little angel from?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's called Sundancecats Bengals. It is located here in Lafayette, IN. I can't wait to get my little guy.

Melissa

·
Registered
552 Posts
Congratulations, Melissa. Where is Sundance located, here in town? I don't believe I had ever heard of it.

Peace,
Mike

·
Registered
552 Posts
I am just getting ready to drop my son off, over at Covenant Presbyterian. So I will be driving right through there in a few minutes. Give me the address, quick, and I will try to beat you there! :wink:

Peace,
Mike

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Congratulations :D I absolutely love bengals too. I keep telling myself that I shouldn't get a pure breed since so many kitties need homes. I always check out the bengal rescue sites though. They are such gorgeous cats. I can't wait to see pics.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Fbod a lot of breeders retire their cats as early as a year old if they have issues breeding properly. You can find spayed/neutered show/breeder quality young adult Bengals for as little as $100. In a way its like 'rescuing' them since the breeder feels they deserve a forever home where they can be loved to bits.

Beautiful cats such as the one at the bottom of this page are up for adoption all the time:
http://www.calcatta.com/kittens.htm#adults

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Thanks for the info. I will have to look into that :)

·
Registered
465 Posts
That's so exciting!! Good luck and have fun with your new kitten!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Payge....How would you find info like that? Just check with breeders?

·
Registered
722 Posts
I usually go to the TIBCS website and just check out the websites of breeders in my area. A lot of them have retired breeders available. Even if the website doesn't say they do you can call the nearby ones and ask. If they don't have any available they can usually tell you which breeders in the area do have one aailable.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts