Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My two 2 month old kitties are arriving in under two weeks and I'm too excited to wait till then to tell you about it! lol.
I'm not sure of their breed yet, but one looks like a black, brown and white tabby and the other is an all-black short hair with yellowish eyes. (Any ideas?)
Anyway, I want to make sure I've got the house ready for them. I got a scratching post, litter trays (2 or 3), food bowls, a couple of baskets, lots of toys and I'll stock up on food and litter before they arrive. Apart from that, I can't think of what else they may need for when they arrive. If I've missed out anything crucial, let me know!

I've been waiting to get cats for years. So happy! And any advice from you folks would be much appreciated. Photos on their way. :)

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
That is great that you are getting two young ones together. They will be able
to amuse each other when you aren't available. I think you'll find yourself
laughing all the time when you see the antics your little fur babies get up to
with each other!

Just make sure there aren't any dangling cords they can get tangled up in or
try to chew on. They seem to find everything fun to put in their mouth at
that age.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks

Hey thanks! :)
Yes, I will bear that in mind about them not putting dangerous things in their mouths! And yeah, i can imagine they'll be super cute. :)

·
Registered
624 Posts
I am so happy for you! Yes, get a cat tree/condo, food, food and water bowls, littertray, litter, lots of toys, and maybe a grooming brush. Also, some cat shampoo for you to wash the kittys:)

How many are you getting?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi

I am so happy for you! Yes, get a cat tree/condo, food, food and water bowls, littertray, litter, lots of toys, and maybe a grooming brush. Also, some cat shampoo for you to wash the kittys:)

How many are you getting?
I'm getting two little furballs. I've only seen them once so far (I'm gonna go have another look before they arrive), and the coloured one was very friendly, the little black one was more timid so I think he'll be an interesting one when I get him home. Both boys. One is called Indiana, i think I'll keep that, and i may name the black one, Onca, as in Panthera Onca, (jaguar). LOL. Not sure yet, though. I think it's a cute name. They don't need much grooming, but I'll have a brush for them and some shampoo.

I'll keep you posted. :)

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Ohh you are going to have so much fun! I got a cat tree for mine - and he LOVES it - gives them something to perch and sleep on - AND rough house over!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts