Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going tonight to the shelter to pick out my new kitties!

I've been shopping for them for about a week now. The last shipment from PetCo just arrived and I can't wait to get home. I will definitely post some product reviews once the kittens are settled becuase I bought a bunch of interesting sounding toys to try out on them. The one I think is really neat is the Vitakraft roll-a-snack. If you have a dog it is sot of like a Buster cube, but round and dispenses a little yeast&yogurt snack pellet.

Yay! Only 5 more cat-less hours!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Congradulations! Cats are wonderful!
Is this your first cat? You're in for a ride...lol!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not my first cat, but my first living on my own without my parents. I am so looking forward to having cats again.

Of course I'll post pictures, once they have settled in and come out of their carrier.

Just another hour or so....!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Rayona said:
I bought a bunch of interesting sounding toys to try out on them.
Whenever I would go to pet stores, I'd look at all the cool kitty toys and pick out the most unusualy, fun looking one I could find and was sure my cats would just absolutely loveit. But in the end, they're prefectly content to play with a wadded up piece of paper. :roll:

-Chelle

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
This has to be an exciting night for you! The kittens might be a bit shy at first and not want to eat, but it won't take long for them to settle in. It's great that you're getting two! Keep us posted.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, my bf and I picked out two 2-month-old adorable sisters, one all black and one black with white paws, chest and moustache. I was worried we wouldn't be able to take them home bcause they weren't spayed yet, but they were so small (not quite 2 lbs!) that the shelter let us take them home and they go back in about a month to be fixed.

We named the all black one Lucky. She's fiesty and pretends not to be afraid of anything and purrs and talks a lot. The other one is pretty quiet. She seems a little afraid of the toys and she doesn't liked to be picked up. She is fine with being petted though, and she purrs quietly.

They both are great litter box users so far, and they seem to like the NutroMax kitten food. Lucky seems to like to plays in the litter, but we're working on that. They figured out the scratching post without much help. And the camera doesn't bother them at all, so I will post a few pictures when I get home from work.

The first toy Lucky jumped on was a crinkle-filled Cosmic Catnip brand squirrel, and they both seem to like the assortment of balls I bought. It is a bag of six from PetCo, all different. They don't seem to like the wand thing I got, but I think that is because the fluffy part is as big as them!

I can't wait to get home!

·
Premium Member
28,615 Posts
Oh, my goodness, am I jealous! I love black cats, and have always wanted a tuxedo cat. The white paws must make her even more beautiful. I'm very happy for you, and looking forward to the pictures! Congratulations on the new family! :D

·
Banned
410 Posts
I'm glad that you got the sisters so they could be kept together! I can't wait to see pictures too! As soon as I read about the crinkle toy--I decided that I want to get one for my cats. They absolutely love that crinkle sound! They make those "crinkle sacks" for cats--I bet your kitty would love it! I have been wanting to get one too.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It took a while to pick out a name for the black and white one. I chose Keira, which means "black-haired" in Gaelic. So we have once lucky cat, and one Irish cat. Maybe we'll get visits from lepruchans. :)

I'm going to post some pictures now!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts