Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm currently thawing out all our unwated meats in our freezer, chicken wings/pork steak, sirlion steak etc.

I cut up some small chunks of sirlion steak and I have enough for about 4-5 meals. Yay! I took a chicken wing and cut as much skin off as possible, because i hear its bad. And as horrified as I was....I took a hammer and smashed the wing bones as much as I could... -shudders- and proceeded to feed it to Feathertail. She hasn't had raw food before, and I know her being still young the transistion would be easy!

And boy was it! She is currently attacking the chicken wing I gave her like a starving tiger. She seems to really enjoy it. So success so far! I'm very pleased, and know that she can get her bone from chicken! Hehehe!

I'm going to strike a deal with my bf, I'll cut the skins off the chicken if he'll smash the bones with a hammer. It was unpleasent experience.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I was never so fascinated watching my pets eat, (dogs and cats), until I switched to raw. Now it's almost mesmerizing. And yes, the growling cracks me up, as well.

·
Banned
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I finished serving the cats dinner. Baby ate about an 1/2 to an ounce of canned food. It was Grilled Mix flavor by Friskies. I think he liked that flavor alot better then the other. So I'm content on his dinner portion.

I fed Feathertail little pieces of chicken breast with some little pieces of pork steak, and the pork steak bone with some meat still on it. She ate all but 3 pieces of chicken and didn't touch the bone. So safe to say I'm taking notes on what they both like and don't like.

I've made an eating schedule for them, and calculated everything I need for a weeks balance. Going shopping on the 15th. Gonna keep an eye out for livers and such.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts