Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't remember who, but someone linked them on the forums a couple of weeks ago. Either way, they came in the mail today, and I couldn't be more satisfied.

KODAK, however, is not very satisfied.

He's terrified of it! It's hilarious! I mean... it's just funny to me that he's so scared of it. He's worn collars before... never had an issue. I have no idea what might have caused this fear. The other cats are wearing theirs without an issue....

We did spray some Feliway on the collar a little while ago to help (hopefully) I can't understand this cat!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
thats odd. the only time ive ever had one of mine get scared was because it got caught in between her jaw (holding her mouth open). it was breakaway but she was SO malnurished and tiny that it wasnt enough force to even break it away. luckily i heard the bell and went to investigate.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It wasn't caught on him at all, just around his neck, and not tight. We ended up taking it off of him, and it's been over 15 minutes and he still won't do anything but tuck himself into my SO's lap and hide his face, ALTHOUGH just as I was typing this, he started to eat. Wow, I cannot believe that one little collar with a bell would do so much to our usually unflappable stripey guy! I mean this cat actually likes to share the blowdryer with me in the morning!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Yay- I'm glad the collars are working (well, for most of your kitties) lol. Have you tried just taking the bell off yet? Is he scared of the collar when you show it to him? If not, he probably either wasn't happy about wearing the collar or got spooked when you put it on him. If I have to catch my cats to put their collar or harness on they will sulk for fifteen minutes or so.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking about removing the bells from all of the collars, seeing as how my SO removed Monkey's collar in the middle of the night last night. (She was sitting by our bedroom door scratching and making the bell go nuts) For me, and this probably sounds silly, in my head, when a cat has a collar, it means they BELONG to someone, they have a home. As all of my babies are rescues or adopts, it makes me feel like THEY know they belong to someone. (Not that anyone who doesn't have a collar on their cat doesn't treat them like they belong) I'm just weird I guess.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I was thinking about removing the bells from all of the collars, seeing as how my SO removed Monkey's collar in the middle of the night last night. (She was sitting by our bedroom door scratching and making the bell go nuts) For me, and this probably sounds silly, in my head, when a cat has a collar, it means they BELONG to someone, they have a home. As all of my babies are rescues or adopts, it makes me feel like THEY know they belong to someone. (Not that anyone who doesn't have a collar on their cat doesn't treat them like they belong) I'm just weird I guess.

Nothing wrong with feeling this way. When I finally got Oreo to wear her collar, it made me feel that she was my baby and that she knew I was her meowmie.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts