Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We put our christmas tree up yesterday. Later then usual because we were scared of how much our puppy would ruin it. During the day, when i was watching him, he tried pulling the ribbon off, i caught him and scolded him. no big deal, actually really funny :lol: So i went to bed, scared that the dog was going to knock the tree down in the night...wake up..he didn't even touch it :D I'm so proud of him!

·
Registered
230 Posts

Thats really good :D
This year we have a puppy (14 weeks old) and Kahlua is 4-5 months old now. Everyone in my family is soooo against putting up a tree this year because of them! :evil:

I'm STILL trying to convince them that they'll be fine

·
Registered
260 Posts
How old is your puppy?

Ours will be 14 weeks this Thursday and we are really nervous about putting up a tree. Any tips? :D

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pup

Sam said:
How old is your puppy?

Ours will be 14 weeks this Thursday and we are really nervous about putting up a tree. Any tips? :D
Thanks everyone! :D

ours is about 14 weeks and 3 days ish... haha i was counting this morning.

umm we didn't really do much to make him not tear it down. Our tree is fake with 3 pieces, top middle bottom..while i was straightning the bottom i let him chew a bit on the other pieces but if he started to get rough i scolded him. it was just to let him get used to the tree haha. I don't kno if that helped a whole lot...but it didn't do any harm :wink:

after i got it up...if he chewed on it i just said NO really loudly and firmly, clapped my hands and made him leave the area. after that he would just lay by it and watch us putting stuff on it lol

I think as long as you're firm and scold him everytime he chews the tree...runs away with the ribbon ect then your pup should be fine.

make sure he has lots of other stuff to chew on too lol...nothing worse than a bored puppy and a christmas tree 8O

Good luck with your pup. hopefully yours will be well behaved with the tree also!

·
Registered
27 Posts
~*~ Wish our tree was safe but Quita is constantly getting something off of it and playing with it in the kitchen and she even climbs the tree...OMG..i'm afraid my mom is gonna lose it if she keeps it up..LOL.. :D ~*~

1 - 7 of 7 Posts