Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rescued a nine-month old black and white kitten today. I have yet to give him a name. He looks very similar to my seven-year old Sabrina.

When I brought him home and let him out he and Sabrina sniffed each other for a while and then they stared at each other from a close distance. Sabrina even groomed the new kitten a little. They have chased each other around some and there's been some batting but I think it's gone well!

It's back to work tomorrow. Should I separate them for the day? I work long hours and might not be back for eleven hours.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
It won't do any harm to separate them, but do take careful note of how they greet each other when you let them be together again. This may give you clues as to how to handle the situation next time (like tomorrow, say).

·
Registered
683 Posts
What about a vet visit. The new one might carry a contagious disease and your old kitty could get sick.

And yes I would definitely separate them. Some rare times cat introductions go as smooth as it went with your two kitties, but the "official" procedure is to follow a proper introduction (keeping them separated, then letting them see each other through a mesh, etc etc....)

Good luck with your new kitten! :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts