Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to share how the introductions between our 7 1/2 year old Siamese Mix Phoebe Jean and our 14 week old Bengal kittens Phineas and Phaelan is going, and get some thoughts.

First few days we left the boys confined completely to a room upstairs. Phoebe Jean wouldn't even walk down the hall by the room. We also began locking her up and letting them run around the house during those first few days.

Began supervised outings for the boys on Day 3/4, and Phoebe Jean would hide under our bed. Then we began letting them out for longer periods, and she began coming near where we were, and watching. If they got within about 12 feet she'd hiss and growl, and yowl.

This weekend, we've let the boys out pretty much all day, with both my partner Brad and I in the house. Got the first two pics of all three together, and as of today, Phoebe Jean will come not only into the room they are in, but stay. Today she was snuggled with me watching TV, and the boys were tearing around the house, and she was not overly concerned.

I had two moments today playing with Phineas and Phoebe Jean, and they were within 2 feet of each other with a lot less hissing and yowling. It's still there, but she is tolerating a lot better.

The boys are still confined at night, and probably when we both go back to work tomorrow, but I feel after 9 days that we are making some respectable progress.

Any thoughts or insights are appreciated! One picture I uploaded shows Phoebe Jean in front of the fireplace, with Phineas (hanging on ottoman) and Phaelan. The other was from today, showing PJ watching birdies while her brothers are on kitchen chairs above.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
You and Brad have three lovely little ones! It sounds like you're making excellent progress with the introduction. I noted in both pictures that Phoebe Jean had her back to the boys, which is a terrific sign indicating that she's feeling comfortable with them around (if she weren't she'd have an eye on them all the time!).

You say "a lot less hissing and yowling", meaning there's still some of that going on. As a result, you're wise to keep them separated overnight and when neither you or Brad are at home to keep a general eye on them. However, it looks like they'll all be good friends soon. Enjoy! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts