Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well it's a difficult to explain but if i'm going to be able to get a cat it can't scratch furniture and i wont' declaw one so does any one know if these work?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
soft paws

Good for you to not want to declaw! Soft Paws do work, and most folks are very pleased with them, but they involve a bit of effort. If you do a search (see menu at top of page) we had a recent, lengthy discussion on this subject that will hopefully answer your questions!

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have recently found that by placing a wood shield over their favorite scratching (furniture) place, that this will usually stop them. I trust that you have a scratching post for them. :) Also, de-clawed cats are often available from local animal shelters. Like was previously stated, "good for you that you do not want to have your pet cat declawed", as doing this pemanently alters their personality, because it takes away their 1st line of defense, and also their means of escape from danger.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I am glad you have chosen not to get your cats declawed, I have the same problem, with cats scratching furniture, the advised I have had is when you catch them doing it spray them with water, but I am not always around to see them, so I have actually improvised a little, my ironing board snapped so i stand that up against one of the chairs and they are learning to scrtach that instead.

·
Registered
283 Posts
There's a product called Sticky Paw I think that's kind of like a double sticky tape. You put it on your furnature, and when the cat scratches it, it hates the feel, and learns not to. I've never used them, so I can't say if they really work or not-but it sounds like a good idea! I agree with everyone else-good for you for not wanting to declaw!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts