Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Both my kitties use Soft Paws - Otis has the cutest blue toes, and Jazz looks very regal in her purple ones; their toes have become part of their identity (and its really funny when people meet them for the first time from a distance and ask "Did you paint your cats' claws... Obviously they've never tried to hold n excited kitty down :D ). I've had Jazz one month now and have just had to replace the first one - the kit says they stay on 4-6 weeks, which is probably pretty accurate, and there's 40 toes in one kit... You do glue them on - there's two tubes of adhesive which come with the kit; you put the glue in, then stick the toes over the kitties claws... Neither one of my cats like the application process, but neither like having their paws touched either so I don't think its the result of the product. Otis has been wearing them for a year and tolerates in pretty well now, once i catch him to do it Once they're on, they seem to groom their feet for a couple of minutes and forget they're there. I think Softpaws are a wonderful thing - both my babies use a scratching post pretty good, but they do forget every now and then... Also, no hurting each other or mom when they play rough, and when they decide to go on their wild rampages through the house at 3 in the morning, mom doesn't need to worry as much about whether her furniture is okay...

·
Registered
72 Posts
When Sage was a baby, she wan't allowed in the bedroom because she would scratch our feet, bounce off of Dave's head and pretty much make it so we got 1 hour of sleep. We didn't like to lock her in the bathroom, so we just shut our door. She sat there and clawed and clawed at the door until she put a hole through the rug down into the floor. Soon enough she would start on the other door next to it thinking maybe she could get in the room that way. We ended up putting soft claws on her. Let me say I LOVE those things! No more ruined rug and no more sharp nail when she was playing with toys that we were dangling. She had pretty pink ones. Very feminine. I am thinking of getting some for her again as we just got a new $400.00 chair and ottoman and she dicedes sometimes that she'd like to scratch it. :roll:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have used soft claws for about a year two because MIJA was clawing every thing up. I have just recently took the off, and she dosen't try to clawany thing up any more. I think they are wonderfull.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Maybe I will try them again. We tried them with Surfboard but it seemed like they only stayed on a very short time. Within a week of putting them on we'd start to find them around the house. Maybe we weren't doing something right or bought a different brand. Too late for this couch, but maybe for when we get a new one. Surfboard doesn't claw anything but his scratching post though. Zoë is the culprit...she loves the arms of the couch. She would look so cute with purple toes...that would fit her personality.
Talk about 3am rampages! I'm glad I'm not the only one to experience this. There are actually claw marks in my hardwood floor in the hallway from them trying to make sharp turns and sliding!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Make sure you're using the right size - that should help them stay on longer, since they fit the claws better. I started Jazz on the Medium size since I figured she would grow into them before I ran out of a package, but she seems pretty small boned, so I just may move down one next time... I also use slightly more adhesive than recommended, and haven't had a problem with them falling off too fast - and still don't run out of glue before I do toes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts