Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my 8 month old kitten neutered 5 days ago. He was completely healthy in the blood test done before the procedure. However he’s been pooping soft and runny stools ever since. He only poops once a day. And today it was bright yellow and loose. Is this normal after surgery? I’m a first time cat owner so I’m worried.

·
Registered
Franny -- best cat ever! purring in my heart Porch cat THE DIVIT aka Divey seriously traumatized
50 Posts
good idea to check with the vet --- this is just one poop ( since its a once a day poop) On the color chart of kitty poops yellow most often means fast moving food thru digestive system before its had a chance to pass go and collect $200 ( that is a reference to the board game Monopoly). Why it is movin' fast is the question. If the stools were dark brown and suddenly went yellow that's important info. There is no harm in bringing in litter box capture if you can. Vet will want to know when it started, how frequent and for how long it has been going on, and what changes if any have you made to food-- is kitty drinking more or less water or the usual-- is kitty as active as usual -- Vets like clues and to decide which ones are important. Running more tests adds more diagnostic tools. Pre-Op blood work may not include info on things like liver. Post op inflammation etc. Yep! this is worthy of a vet check.

Try not to worry and let the vet sort it out for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts