Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

My beautiful girl Bachi who has been my dearest friend for 13yrs was recently diagnosed with a soft tissue sarcoma on her left hind leg.

We sent the lump off for biopsy. Unfortunately no clean margains and it is an aggressive (64 rated) tumour.

Tomorrow we are going for xrays and an ultrasound to check it has spread. Fingers crossed it has not.

To save her I have two options - radiation or amputation. Radiation treatment is in another state and for 30 days. Something i dont think she will cope with. Or amputation

Im scared out of my wits for her.

Has anyone else had a similiar experience?

Kellie

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I'm sorry you are going through this. I haven't been in your particular situation, but I can speak to the fact that cats adapt very well to having 3 legs. Its even easier on them when they lose a back leg versus a front. Even at 13, I think Bachi would adapt really well if you go that route. I really hope she doesn't have any mets visible on xrays. Good wishes to you!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've not had to deal with this sort of thing, as I am relatively new in the cat world...but I'm sending lots of positive thoughts out to you and your kitty. I hope that everything turns out okay.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My cat also has fibrosarcoma in her leg

Hi there. We just found out yesterday that our 11 year old kitty Cora has Fibrosarcoma in her back left leg also. I have been a total mess about it. I know excatly how you're feeling. We are seeing the oncologist on Tuesday, but we know that most likely, she will suggest radiation and amputation. I did watch a very encouraging video on Youtube about a kitty who had her back leg amputated. The video is in 3 parts and chronicles her journey from before, the biopsy, the amputation, and her full recovery. Check it out ... here's the link ...
And please let's keep in touch...we can support each other.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts