Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
That disgusts me. I hate this country. I am not surprised. One of my boyfriend's friends is in Iraq now and is not getting the supplies he needs.

·
Banned
2,449 Posts
manitu22 said:
That disgusts me. I hate this country. I am not surprised. One of my boyfriend's friends is in Iraq now and is not getting the supplies he needs.
I love America.

I think it has more to do with someone incompetent. The trouble with any beaucracy is that one person can make thousands of people's lives a living ****, even when the other 999 people are extremely competent. All of the people I work with nowadays are extremely competent, but in the past I had to avoid one or two people who were "the missing link"

·
Registered
61 Posts
I served in the Army for 9 years. This is a case of "red tape" and paperwork combined with lazy people.
It's so much easier to slap this guy with a bill for $700, than go through the process of documenting why a waiver is justified.
It's a shame, but this kind of stuff happens all the time. It just doesn't usually make the local papers.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the original link from a blog site I visit daily. John Avreosis (spelled it wrong, I know!) runs the blog and he was so upset by the article he raised over $5,000 in like, 2 hours and sent the money to the soldier. The soldier said he really didn't personally need the money so he gave it to a buddy of his, who he said had saved his life over in Iraq, who in turn gave it to his mother, who had lost her house in NOLA! :D

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just read this on AMERICAblog today:

Army is going to reimburse body-armor soldier
by John in DC - 2/08/2006 10:23:00 PM

Good. And a good article on it from CNN. My only small beef is with the part of the article that says AMERICAblog "claimed" to have raised nearly $6,000, and the fact that his father is quoted saying he hasn't seen the money yet.

We raised $5,400 yesterday and the check was cut and put in the mail today, just as I told Wanda who works in the father's office. Give it a little time, folks :)

·
Registered
520 Posts
The really said part is that this is happening constantly right now. My brother was in Iraq for 6 months with only one uniform. The supply sergeant was only ordering stuff for himself anf his buddies. It took a complaint from the parents of more than 50 soldiers before the sergeant was reprimanded and the guys got new clothes. 8O

1 - 10 of 10 Posts