Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Key-key has a bump right in the middle of her lower lip!! It looks like she might of been trying to eat a bug and got bit! Thats is the only thing I can think of! She is fine she is eating and acting like her self!! My husband said we will wait a little bit and see if it goes down and if not we will take her to the vet!! What could it be? Could she have bit her lip I no she ran right in to the bar head first!! Oh and by the way a coulpe of days ago she started losing her teeth! I dont no if that means any thing or not!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
hmmm.......I'm new to these boards so I don't know if I'm right about this or not (that helps doesn't it?) but might it be acne? I haven't actually seen this on a cat yet, but I know they can get it.

I guess cats are supposed to lose their baby teeth, just like dogs and us too. My guess is that that's what's happening.

·
Registered
64 Posts
my Frodo has the same problem. check if the gums are not inflamed- lift the lip on the side of its mouth. it could be gingivitis, which would need to be treated. most of Frodo's front teeth- the cute little ones- have fallen out, but we've managed to save the rest. this needs recurring treatment from time to time, as the condition keeps returning. he's also otherwise fine..

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No we have not taken her yet see seems to be fine my mother in law has been in the hospital so its been kind of hard she WILL be going some time from today to next week! But shes doing good nice and happy, shes kind of dumb and always runs in to things so I think she just got a fat lip!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts