Cat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,493 Posts
That's so wrong. Nobody, not even a naughty cat, should ever ingest asparagus.

So, so wrong......:dis

·
Registered
8,974 Posts
They have excellant taste. I ***love*** Asparagus. Asparagus and cauliflower are the bestest foods in the world.

Mow loves spaghetti sauce, he's always trying to climb in my bowl.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Were they eating the asparagus or licking off the butter/sauce? Despite being lactose intolerant, my girls love dairy products, such as butter, cheese, ice cream, etc. I don't let them eat such things, but were I to turn my back...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hmm, the only human thing mine eats, despite wanting to nasally sample everything I eat at close proximity, is shortcrust pastry crumbs (from mince pies).

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
My girls love pasta and cheese and cooked potatoes. Egypt likes plumbs, some berries, watermelon, peaches, and mango. They are inherently curious about everything we are eating, too, but I don't allow them to get too close to our plates or else forget it, all heck would break loose.

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Smart cats! I love asparagus!

Gabe just begged a piece of a coconut macaroon from me. When I was a teen we had a cat that loved cantaloupe. My mom used to buy it and cut it into bite size pieces just for her.

·
Premium Member
2,855 Posts
Haha... that's cute! It reminds me of one of my cats when he sees carrot tops! He'll run around the house after them if you hold them out. After that I always feel bad and go out and buy him some cat grass.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Haha, I was making an asparagus casserole one day, and my kitties went crazy for the canned asparagus too!! They were also low sodium, so I think the cats just like asparagus.

Besides asparagus, my cats are game to try any food. They won't necessarily chew it up and eat it, but they definitely take anything they can get their paws on. Simone actually stole several pieces of raw unseasoned cabbage once from a bowl I had on the kitchen counter! Another time I came home to find fresh rosemary torn all over my kitchen floor.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Were they eating the asparagus or licking off the butter/sauce? Despite being lactose intolerant, my girls love dairy products, such as butter, cheese, ice cream, etc. I don't let them eat such things, but were I to turn my back...

Oh they were eating the asparagus, Ninja in the background had just scarfed a whole one down. I had to share my Broccoli with them tonight....

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think if I'm honest with myself, I'd admit that the reason I'll never get married, is because I've allowed my cats to be such horrid brats about food. They steal it off my plate all the time. Ninja likes to take his paw and put it in the middle of my plate then taste it to see if he wants more. He reminds me of the kid in daycare who licks all the cupcakes.

I would never allow my dog to behave this way, but how the heck do you train cats? I hate getting mobbed at meal times but whats a girl to do?

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
This is so funny.....Murphy would never eat anything but his own food. He won't even eat little pieces of salmon or chicken that I've offered him.

Do your kitties know that eating asparagus turns their pee green? :love2

1 - 18 of 18 Posts