Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I gave the kitties breakfast and went upstairs with coffee. Lickorish didn't eat much and squeek, as usual, helped her finish. Squeek followed me upstairs, Lickorish went to the living room, then came upstairs 10 minutes later. When I went back downstairs, there were 2 big piles of puke on the floor near the food bowls. Must have been Lickorish, but I can't be 100% sure. I just don't get how there seemed to be 3 times more puke than what she ate, unless some of it was last nights dinner? Lick just went to the vet in late March and had full blood and urine tests that said she was in perfect health. Maybe it was the food, but she's eaten it before. Guess I just need to keep an eye on both of them for next few days. At least she puked on the bamboo floor in the dining room and not the carpet. They were both playing afterwards, no one is acting sick.

· Registered
1,687 Posts
i love how you say "someone" :) i do the same thing. my bedwetter used to have an additional habit of peeing on sheets (before i threw them all away, for exactly this reason) that were in the dirty laundry. he would actually dig down to where the sheets were in the basket, pee on them, then put the other clothes back to cover it up lol. seriously, if i were paranoid, this would have seemed like very calculated behavior to make me yell. i just chalked it up to "humans can't smell it anymore but the cat can." so i was telling a friend of mine one day, "ew, someone peed on my dirty laundry," and he goes, "WHAT???? THAT'S DISGUSTING!!! don't leave your laundry out!" and i said, "paul . . . it was just a euphemism for baci. i knew all the time who did it, and it wasn't a human." lol

i have to play food nazi with my cats. the old kitty can't eat too much at a time or she will urp it up (which then does her absolutely no good so unless i just want to dump cat food down the toilet instead of feeding her, i have to watch) but every single one of my cats will eat until it barfs. it takes the other two longer, but i think it's a case of eyes are bigger than digestive tract. :)

· Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yaeh, we have to keep an eye on Squeek. Lickorish almost always leaves some food behind to come back and eat later, but as soon as she walks away from her bowl, Squeek will run over there and start eating Lick's food, even though there is plenty of the SAME THING left in Squeek's own bowl. I want to say it was Squeek puking as she's the one eating everything she can find, but I'm pretty sure she was upstairs with us when the puking occurred downstairs.

Lickorish has been coughing a little today now, I hope she's not getting sick.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.