Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've found out that my 9 year old cat has partly whitish gum around her pulled out canines. Is this normal on a Persian? I am pretty sure that she had it a looong time ago, maybe I am just worried. Please help me thanks :)

Attachments

·
Registered
978 Posts
I think white gums indiciate an illness such anemia. I'm not too sure.

Has your veterinarian checked her mouth?

·
Registered
716 Posts
it is hard to say from a picture....it could just be her natural coloring. the rest of her gums are pink, if she was anemic or dehydrated all of her gums would be pale/white. do you know if her gums have always looked like this? if there has been a change in color i would have a vet take a look at it, but, like I said, she has light and dark spots on her lips/gums so it could just be her natural color variation

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it is hard to say from a picture....it could just be her natural coloring. the rest of her gums are pink, if she was anemic or dehydrated all of her gums would be pale/white. do you know if her gums have always looked like this? if there has been a change in color i would have a vet take a look at it, but, like I said, she has light and dark spots on her lips/gums so it could just be her natural color variation
I believe so too, but i will take her to the vet just to make sure :) Thanks guys~

1 - 5 of 5 Posts