Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In an attempt to continue to get to know my studio lights, I was playing around with some reflective surfaces on Monday. Never done anything like this before, and it was really fun. Both of these pitchers belonged to my grandma, so they are quite special to me. The blue one was only used for holidays, every holiday it came out, and was filled with fresh squeezed lemonaide. To this day, even to just look at that pitcher, I can see, and smell, those lemons! Grandma loved everything blue, specifically Blue Willow, and even though it's not Blue Willow pattern, it was her favorite pitcher. It also has 12 matching cups, and we only use it for holiday occasions, just like grandma always did.

The other one, I don't really remember ever using it, just thought it was neat. It has 4 matching glasses.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you!!
Appreciate it! I really like how the blue one turned out too. Probably going to print that, and I was actually thinking about making several copies, and giving them to my aunts and uncles also, since I'm sure they all have fond memories of this glass and pitcher set also.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I really love the way the shadowy spots look kind of indigo- it's a very nice composition! I would love to do a watercolor of something like that :)

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you!! Appreciate the kind comments!

Heidi, I guess in a way, like your kitchen is you and your hubbies own form of "art", so is this mine. It's always rewarding to see the final outcome in the end, isn't it!

swimkris.......you do watercolor? You should share some of your art sometime, would love to see it!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
swimkris.......you do watercolor? You should share some of your art sometime, would love to see it!
I've only done a few, and they are not your typical watercolors since I don't allow them to flow everywhere. I liked to try out different art mediums when I had time to take art classes in highschool & college, but I never really stick to one type. I'm also more of a crafts person when I'm not in a structured setting. I have been "stuck" on jewelry making for about 5 years now since there is enough variation within the craft (stringing, weaving, wire, clay, etc.)

Here's a mixed media piece of my little sister that is mainly composed of watercolor and ink:

Fuzzy, but the colors are more accurate here:

Pastels:

Colored pencils/chalk/pastels:

Graphite, which is probably my best medium:

Now, if only I could learn how to take a decent photo!! LOL

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Thanks Heidi & Mow Mow :) My mom stole it along with the painting of my sister; now I have to make some kind of portrait of my brother to add to the collection.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They are all beautiful! You have some serious talent and skill. You should start your own thread with your work, so folks can enjoy it. They may not look in here again, if they've already previously viewed my thread. Your work is definitely worth viewing!!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
We should just start an art thread or something! I was an art major in college and currently work as an artist, so I'm pleased to see so many other artists here. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts