Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Maleke,

I am feeding my 16wk old kitten adult food on advice from my vet. When he was eating kitten food he had soft and VERY stinky poo so that is what she suggested. It isn't bad for them - there is very little difference between adult and kitten food. The kitten food just tends to have more calories and extra fat that growing kitties need and it was the fat that was making him stinky. Plus our adult cat was eating his food and with the extra calories, we didn't want her to gain excessive weight so adult food was what my vet suggested. Ideally kitten food is the best though but feeding adult food isn't going to hurt him.

Have fun with your new kitty! I know how excited I was 2 days before we got ours!!

tanyuh

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Hehe. I hope your kitty won't be stinky on the adult food!! I don't even think Psi could stand it. He wouldn't even cover it up with litter, he'd just poo and leave hahaha. So it realllllllly stunk up the place. But now he's not stinky at all. We are getting new food though. Going from Iams adult Oceanfish to Natural Balance because of the by-product issue. Supposedly without by-products the stool will be even less stinky and there will be less of it to begin with. I'll report the results after they've had it for a while.

Have fun with your new kitty!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.