Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! Do any of you veteran cat owners use anything to keep toy mice from being flung into the black hole that is the underneath of the fridge and stove? We tried bigger mice but apparently they're not "real" enough.

I was thinking of those "draft dogers" that you get for hte bottom of your door, but I was wondering if there was anything cheaper, or that I could make, or that is specifically for this purpose?

thanks all!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Good question. I've had cats all my life, they are still losing things under the stove and places. Then they sit in front of the stove for hours thinking their toy is just going to come back out on their own or something. LoL! :lol:

I'm sure that something could be done... I've just never done anything about it. Maybe there will be some good ideas posted.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i have a toy fish that keeps disappearing. it turn out aphrodite always bat it under the fridge. so i put a towel under the fridge to close the gap. so the fish doesn't disappear under the fridge anymore, it's not under the vacuum cleaner...

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
When I buy rabbits feet, they last a lot longer than regular toy mice. I'm guessing because they're a little bigger. My cats also seem to prefer the rabbits foot over the mouse when you put them side by side.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Padunk said:
When I buy rabbits feet, they last a lot longer than regular toy mice. I'm guessing because they're a little bigger. My cats also seem to prefer the rabbits foot over the mouse when you put them side by side.
where can you buy a rabbit's foot from?

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I get them from my local petstore, they're usually in the $1.29 range.

I don't think it's a real rabbits foot.. just rabbit fur on a plastic-like casing.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
No, they're real rabbit's feet, a by-product of the meat and fur industry. You can feel the claws. Yuck.

You know, they say you're supposed to vacuum the condenser on the back of the fridge every few months; I just use that opportunity to retrieve the missing toys. The cats think it's great--here's a bunch of new toys! :)

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Stormy gets SO excited when I find the sparkle balls and toy mice that she has lost. Or maybe she is just reacting to how excited I get. "LOOK Stormy, it's the RED sparkle ball! You haven't seen this one in MONTHS!" And then she'll go chasing after it and "talking" to me like she is super excited, lol. :D
I generally just use a broom handle to poke out the lost toys underneath the fridge.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I usually find toys under the TV stand (it's on the wheels and there is a space under). The way Dunga & Yoda playes..it looks like they are pushing the toys under the TV stand. They pushed them there and then try to get them from there. It's like they are trying to have their game more challenging. It's funny! :D

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
drjean said:
No, they're real rabbit's feet, a by-product of the meat and fur industry. You can feel the claws. Yuck.
These toys are certainly not real rabbits feet. (I'm not doubting others may be...) My kitties rip the fur off to reveal a plastic casing. It's exactly like a toy mouse is made.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Growing up, my brother had a couple real rabbit's feet (brightly dyed fur, but fairly heavy, and real claws and everything underneath the fur)..... and our cats LOVED them.... over any other toy we could give them!!! So I also assumed that's what you meant... the plastic kind sounds like a good alternative though!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
meowmix said:
Padunk said:
where can you buy a rabbit's foot from?
the animal shelter @@$$

1 - 13 of 13 Posts