Cat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Warren street, shepherds, bush and oval.
Im not entirely sure whats happened, its just come up on the news. THey think there may have been shootings, somethings been found on a train too. Happersmith tube station has been closed off.
Gun shots went off in warren street. Windows have been blown out in buildings.

No one knows exactly what has happened, I will post more as we find out.
Looks like there might be a bomb on a bus.

Edit, it looks like there may not have been any guns.
There were bombs left set to go off, none of them went off. The bangs were the detanators going off, thankgod it looks like the bombs didnt go off tho.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Yeah, I heard :cry:
So far on our news we've heard they've evacuated 3 stations. 1 has smoke coming out.
People have reported hearing explosions.
Something? has happened on a bus.
And, there may have been a nail bomb :evil:

Jennifer

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I just saw the other topic, bad me!

I will close the otherone if thats ok, and link it.

They just said, it was exactly 2 weeks ago today that the last explosions happened.

·
Registered
903 Posts
http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/07 ... index.html

LONDON, England (CNN) --

-At least one person has been injured following a number of incidents on Underground trains and a bus in London, police say.

-CNN's Matthew Chance said police told him a device exploded in or around Warren Street Tube station in the center of the British capital.

-Emergency service also reported an incident on a bus in Hackney, east London, Scotland Yard told CNN Thursday.

-Police said they were not treating the evacuations as a "major incident."

-A Scotland Yard spokesperson told CNN that Warren Street, Shepherds Bush and Oval stations had all been evacuated.

-London Underground confirmed that services on three lines -- Victoria, Northern and Hammermith and City -- were suspended following the incidents, according to PA.

-Passengers at Warren Street reported seeing smoke but police could not confirm this.

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
This is so scary, I bet the people over there are scared out of their minds. Just people going to work and something like this happening. :?

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fiery said:
But I guess there's no understanding the irrational mind..
Yep exactly. Sadly the thing these suicide bombers mainly want to do is kill people, thats it. Kill as many people as they posibly can.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
My sisters have a knack for getting themselves caught up in these!

Last time my sister was on one of the tubes, this time, my other sister was on the bus at Oval station after getting off the tube. they are both fine thankfully!

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im luck my dad has had a friend come visit from Thiland, they went to London last week, got back on sunday. Thankgoodness it wasnt this week.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Thier is no mention of Anything here yet! :evil: I mean surely this important enough to but into talkshows! Don't have cable, though :?

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
It wasn't very serious, especially in comparisson to the last one, with only 1 confirmed injury. Seemingly (from what my mum heard on the news in London) the bombs did not contain enough explosives to detonate and were just dummy bombs.

ITNews said:
London incidents: at least one injured

London has seen four small blasts and three tube stations have been evacuated but police have said they are not treating this as a major incident.

Police have requested that members of the public stay where they are for now until they can work out the effect of the blasts.

At least one person is reported to have injured at Warren Street tube station. Reports also say there has been a nail bomb at the station, and that emergency services personnel wearing chemical suits have gone into the station. Armed police are reported to have cordoned off and to have entered University College Hospital in central London, near to Warren Street.

A small blast is reported on a No 26 bus near Columbia Road in east London, travelling from Waterloo to Hackney, whose windows were reported to have blown out.

Smoke has been seen coming from Oval station which the emergency services are investigating, but police have said there is no sign of chemical agents there. Reports suggest a young Asian man carrying a rucksack was seen running from the station, chased by others.

A blast was also reported at ground level at Shepherd's Bush tube (on the Hammersmith & City line). A separate Central line station also at Shepherd's Bush is said to be unaffected.

Crowds congregated on either side of Shepherd's Bush Green, the nearby park. The area is closed to traffic with vehicles being diverted off the main Shepherds Bush roundabout.

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Ian Blair has said there have been four blasts or attempts at blasts, none as large as in the terror attacks of two weeks ago.

It is being reported that only the detonators went off.

The Hammersmith & City, Bakerloo, and Northern tube lines have been closed. The Victoria line has re-opened either side of Warren Street.

It is two weeks to the day since the London bombings, when three suicide bombers detonated bombs on Tube trains in the capital and a fourth blew himself up on a bus.

·
Banned
1,649 Posts
I heard that they were 'dummy' bombs, either a sick prank or a terrorist attempt gone wrong? Whatever it was, nobody was seriously hurt, only one person injured, and everything got back to normal pretty quickly afterwards. One man with a bag that went off on a tube was seen running away, so its obvious he wasn't carrying a real bomb. He deserves everything he gets and more.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Maybe I'm strange, but the first attacks happened on 7-7 and these on 7-21. Seven times 3 is 21, any connection? Both on Thurdays.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I doubt that these things are as easily predictable as that.
Between the US and the UK we have some pretty niffty intelligence.
The truth is that these things can happen at anytime, anywhere, to anyone - it seems that this is the political and social climate that we have to deal with now.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I have a silly question.

This morning they had the news about how the police had cornered and shot a suspect in the station.

Now, I've always heard that the police in London don't carry guns?

·
Premium Member
28,619 Posts
In recent years, the police have gradually become accustomed to firepower. Almost every force already has armed response vehicles, equipped and ready to attend the scene of a robbery or siege.

But there appears to be unease at the prospect of rank and file officers carrying guns on the beat. Many fear that such a move would be counterproductive, inviting more criminals to arm themselves with higher grade weaponry
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1741336.stm

Ianthe is right. I was shocked. My uncle was a bobby in Glasgow. Of course, the bobby will (for now) continue to carry only a nightstick.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts