Cat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before Christmas Casper was coughing and sneezing and I took him to the vet. Dr. Tom couldn't find anything wrong, but put him on an antibiotic pill which cleared up his symptoms within a week. The coughing and sneezing came back after a few weeks so I started giving Casper some of Ray's Doxycycline and that cleared up the symptoms too. A few weeks ago is seemed that Casper just wasn't himself but hubby said he's still eating and walking around , so I didn't take him back to the vet. Yesterday I went to flip him over to cradle him and he cried out as if in pain. I said, "That's it, he's going to the vet again." So Monday when they open I will try to get him in ASAP. I had told Dr. Tom that I was giving Casper the Doxy and he was OK with it. I just know there is something wrong going on with Casper. I am usually right when there is something wrong with one of the cats. I will insist on a CBC and go from there.

·
Super Moderator
26,352 Posts
Poor little gorgeous Casper. I hope you get answers and help soon. :patback

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
I hope that all is ok with Casper. Do you think that the persistent coughing and wheezing are from asthma? He might have some chest pain from the efforts of coughing.

All our paws are crossed for a good vet visit.

·
Banned
5,533 Posts
sending lots of healing wishes to Casper!!!

Get well soon, handsome boy!

·
Super Moderator
18,409 Posts
Poor Casper. Fingers and kitty paws crossed for him...

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well Casper has lost half a pound since December and he also had a slight fever. Dr. Tom went over him pretty thoroughly and couldn't find a thing wrong with him. No lumps, no painful areas. He had blood taken and I will get the results tomorrow. I wish he would find something and say this is what it is and this pill will fix it. I hate the not knowing.
He did say to feed Casper as much Fancy Feast as he wants to stop the weight loss. Casper liked that part!

·
Super Moderator
26,352 Posts
Fingers and paws crossed here for you. (and Cinderella's eyes!)

·
Premium Member
9,138 Posts
Lucky Casper! Its like getting to go thru McDonalds everyday! Crossing fingers here for good results of the blood panel for answers.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts