Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a sucker for "Watership Down" and the song "Bright Eyes" - even as a kid I cried!

I also cried when I went to see "Cats" the musical and Grizabella the Glamour Cat got chosen to go up to the Heavyside layer

I am such a wuss

Anyone else have any equally embaressing confessions?

Hayley x x

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
WAAAAY too many things make me cry, I'm quick to tears. But most recently, it was the song "Riding With Private Malone". It's a country song, I dont know who it's by, but a friend of mine played it in his car and I just couldn't hold back the tears, it was SO sad!

·
Registered
777 Posts
shengmei said:
I am totally the opposite...if it doesn't make me cry, it is not serious enough for me.
I figure my life is serious enough as it is, when I watch a movie I want to be entertained not depressed. ;)
*Not that crying means you have to be depressed but I like action and drama and horror - I'm more of a guy that way. :D

·
Registered
418 Posts
Oh I have lots :lol: Miss perfect by spm, Whiskey Lullaby by Brad Pailey, Hello by Evanescence, I'll Be by Edwin Mccain, Just Killing TIme by Black label Society, If I'm Not In Love With You by Faith Hill, What's Happening by Method Man..yes it makes me cry only because of something that happend and stuff so yeah, Once I Was The Light Of Your Life by Stephanie Bentley, Underneath by Jessica Simpson, Tears In Heaven by Eric Clapton, You Raise Me Up by Josh Groban, I Shall Believe by Sheryl Crow, I'm Moving On by Rascal Flatts, The Hopechest Song by Stephanie Bentley, Nobody's home by Avril Lavigne, And One Sweet Day by Mariah Carey. I'm sure theres tons more though :p

I dont have any movies that make me cry, but maybe thats because I havent seen any sad movies :p

·
Registered
777 Posts
shengmei said:
I don't cry in real life at all. Crying is very therapeutic for me in my fantasy life.
Then that works out great!! :thumb

Movies and music are awesome that way - whatever we need to escaoe to or from we can. You are right, it is therapeutic.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I haven't seen it in a long time, but the last time I did, Bambi still made me cry :oops:

The song that makes me cry the most is by Crosby, Stills and Nash. "Teach Your Children". I was 5 months pregnant with my first child and was out to dinner when a page came through to call my mom. I used the payphone at Red Lobster, and she had needed to tell me that my father had just had emergency surgery. He had advanced cancer, it had spread and he had only a few weeks left. We had known he was ill, but we didn't know it was cancer. I broke down, literally, and had to be carried out of there. As soon as the car started, this song was on the radio. These are the lyrics:

You, who are on the road must have a code that you can live by.
And so become yourself because the past is just a good bye.
Teach your children well, their father's **** did slowly go by,
And feed them on your dreams, the one they fix, the one you'll know by.
Don't you ever ask them why, if they told you, you would cry,
So just look at them and sigh and know they love you.

And you, of the tender years can't know the fears that your elders grew by,
And so please help them with your youth, they seek the truth before they can die.
Teach your parents well, their children's **** will slowly go by,
And feed them on your dreams, the one they fix,the one you'll know by.
Don't you ever ask them why, if they told you, you would cry,
So just look at them and sigh and know they love you.

The next time I heard that song was the day I brought my daughter home from the hospital...the same day my dad had his final surgery.

The next time I heard it after that was when I got in the car to go to the viewing after my dad died: Christmas Eve of 1987
I heard it again on the way to the cemetary after the funeral: 12/26/87

All of these times, it was simply played by a radio station at these precise moments. Whenever I hear it today, I still think about my dad and wonder if he is communicating to me...am I silly to think that?

btw...there are a lot of movies and songs that make me cry...I love it. Drives my DH crazy, but I actually caught him wiping his eyes the other day...Wish I could remember what movie it was. It was soooo sweet. :luv

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oooo have thought of another - the song Danny Boy makes me cry too! Was my Pop's favourite song and was played at his funeral :(

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
"A Dozen Red Roses" by Tammy Graham always brings a tear. It's about a woman who received a dozen roses on her wedding day from her deceased father who wrote her a note and made arrangements for the flowers before he died.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Movies
Ring of Bright Water

Books
Where the Red Fern Grows

Songs
The Rose-The Rose
Sunshine on My Shoulders-John Denver
Like a Rock-Bob Seger
*Those were all songs played at my dad's funeral, so they remind me of him. One of my mom's friends made us a CD of those songs. I still listen to it about once every year or so. I cry, but it's a good cry.

Jennifer

·
Registered
368 Posts
There You'll Be - Faith Hill and Thank You For Loving Me - Bon Jovi are the only two songs which can make me cry every time.

The second one was David's and my song - it was going to be our first dance at the wedding, but became my tribute to him at his funeral instead. The first one was played at David's brother's wedding, which I was the best man at (long story better left for another thread...) Instead of having the best man dance with the maid-of-honor,I danced with the groom to that song, which we dedicated to his brother - it was five years to the day that David had become ill.... God, sometimes I still miss him so much :(

Luther Vandross' Dance With My Father makes me tear up also - it's so true.

And I'm always crying come the end of the book Bridges of Madison County....

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Richo said:
"A Dozen Red Roses" by Tammy Graham always brings a tear. It's about a woman who received a dozen roses on her wedding day from her deceased father who wrote her a note and made arrangements for the flowers before he died.
OMG!!!! I had forgotten about that one. When that song was playing on the radio it was shortly after my husband and I had gotten engaged and from then on I kept thinking of how it was so nice to have my dad around, especially at my wedding.

There are a ton of songs that make me cry. Where do I start?...

The first one I remember crying to was "I Will Always Love You" then sung by Dolly Parton but since in a remake by Whitney Houston. My mom would play along with it on the piano and I would bawl like a baby. I was maybe 4 or 5 years old at the time.

Then there's
"Thank God For Kids" by The Oak Ridge Boys
"Love, Me" by Collin Raye
"Don't Take The Girl" by Tim McGraw
"She Thinks His Name Was John" by Reba McEntire
"Where Were You When The World Stopped Turning" by Alan Jackson
"Mr. President" by The Warren Brothers
"If Nobody Believed In You" by Joe Nichols
"The Impossible" by Joe Nichols
"This Is God" by Phil Vassar
"One Last Time" by Dusty Drake
"Mary Did You Know?" by Mark Lowry
"God's Will" by Martina McBride
"In My Daughter's Eyes" by Martina McBride (that song especially takes on a whole new meaning now that I have a little girl of my own{and a boy}).

Last, but certainly not least, is are a couple of old hymns that we sing in my church every year during the Lenten season before Easter - "Stricken, Smitten and Afflicted" and "Were You There When They Crucified My Lord?"

And that, folks, is just a short list of the songs that I can remember off the top of my head that make me cry. When it comes to music it doesn't take much to make me cry. It's a great release for me, when I feel stressed and just need to let it all out, to cry for a while with some good songs. :wink:

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I'm a real sucker for slushy movies - most will make me cry at some point.

My real weakness though is our national anthem - whenever I hear it at a sports match or if we win an olympic gold i just burst into tears. I was at the last night of the proms last week waving my union jack singling my heart out and crying like a looney!! what can I say? :)

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Songs that make you cry

Brynn, 'Teach Your Children' is such a beautiful song, I hope it gave you some comfort during that sad time, as well as making you cry.

My all time classic film for making me cry is 'Carousel'.
With music, its mostly Classical stuff that makes me actually cry. Anything with violins in, like parts of Prokofiev's 'Romeo and Juliet'.
Also the slow movement of Gershwin's clarinet concerto.

seashell

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Thank you so much for posting this thread, I'm in love with sad songs! So is my best friend...

Dance With My Father by Luther Vandross
Titanic theme song by Celine Dion
One Sweet Day by Mariah Carey
Before You Walk Out Of My Life by Monica
Nothing Else Matters by Metallica
Slow Asian songs....always sad and depressing

Movies that made me cry....I'm always looking for movies that are tear jerkers yet I can't find many that make me cry alot

Leaving Las Vegas with Nicholas Cage (tear jerker)
GI Jane- at end when Viggo leaves something in locker (maybe it's cause I was drunk at the time but was so sweet)
Friend (Korean movie made me cry at the very end) :cry:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts